V5.1 Continuous Contract Roll date incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5.1 Continuous Contract Roll date incorrect

I notice that a new QCharts 5.1 continuous contract file ...CompSyms2.inf... is on the servers, and hence in your QCharts 5.1. A new front month of Sept 2007 ( U ) has been added to the file.

However, for some reason the file carries a Roll Date to a U front month of this coming Sunday, 6/10/2007. But, but, today 6/7/2007 is the official roll for the Equity Index contracts.

Hello Support....whazzup wit dat?

In the meantime, if any user of ES.Q/NQ.Q/etc is interested, I put up a CompSyms.UNF with a Roll Date of 6/7/2007. It's located HERE

Put this file in your QCharts folder and it will over-ride the system supplied CompSyms2.INF. The UNF is the current INF with just the contract roll dates changed. All the other stock merge stuff is there.
    [Edit add] I threw an "MR" contract into the UNF. For some reason the system supplied CompSyms2.INF does not carry the highly popular Russell 2000 Index.

Note: While a UNF will trump an INF, the UNF will persist forever, as is, until manually deleted by you. It must be deleted when Quote.com updates their CompSyms2.INF file. The CompSyms2.INF updates in your folder automatically when they make changes on the server. I'm assuming here that they will consider changing the roll date from 6/10/2007 to 6/7/2007.

I'll post again with a reminder to delete the UNF when appropriate. Hopefully I won't forget, what with not being a continuous contract "XX.Q" user. Maybe someone will need to remind me? <grin>

LAM

Thanks Larry for the heads-up. We have a correction done. It is in the process of being rolled out.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
      Thanks Larry for the heads-up. We have a correction done. It is in the process of being rolled out.
      A corrected CompSyms2.INF is now on the servers.

So, anyone that installed the CompSyms.UNF as a workaround should now remove the UNF from their folder(s).

Jay...
      I see the updater person didn't take advantage of the UNF that I put up and use that to copy into the official INF the Russell 2000 "MR" contract I added. MR is a very popular Index e-mini and by all rights, imo, should be in the merge file along with the likes of ES, NQ, YM.

LAM

Comment

Working...
      X