Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol for Crude Cash? [Import from Yahoo Groups]

From the QCharts Yahoo Groups list
    Does anyone know the symbol for crude oil cash price??
    Ron
    Ron,

As best as I can tell, there is no such symbol.

fwiw, just kinda musing here and not speaking with any real authority, there are syms for Cash (Spot) quotes for certain commodities that can be bought by an individual "On the Spot". For example, currencies can be bought on the spot locally at the bank, and for me a store called the Gold Mine nearby offers gold and siver. But I don't think I can buy a barrel of oil on the spot.

In any event, I sure can't find any site with a symbol for a Cash/Spot price for oil. That includes sites that specialize in commodities and also the eSignal symbol directory.

LAM

Symbol for Crude Cash?

Follow-up....

The definitive knower of all things eSignal....Alex Montenegro....informed me that eSignal has a symbol for Crude spot. Thanks Alex !!

The symbol is $XWTI-IDX.

As Alex informed me, it requires a subscription to "World Indices", which is not available at this time to QCharts subscribers. The sym is only available as daily (or higher) intervals and updates once a day. I'm(LAM) is guessing an EOD print.

Alex sent along a screenshot of the sym overlaid with the NYMEX Crude continuous CL #F. View it HERE

Also, fwiw, I've attached a screenshot using eSignal of the sym by itself along with a chart of CL #F. As to whether or not this Spot sym is useful, that would be up to the individual to decide.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X