Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRACK Spreads

Hi folks,
    I am interested in tracking Heating Oil and RBOB gasoline crack spread futures. I cant seem to find the correct symbols. Does anyone know?

thanks
    Jason

Hi Jason,

QCharts 5.1
    Try HC for Heating Oil (HC07V for example)
    and RX for RBOB Gas (RX07V for example)

QCharts 6.0
    HD #F Heating Oil
    Can't find any RBOB sym

These are Settlement only, one tick/day.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larry,
      Acutally that is what I have for the symbols. Thought I had it wrong. However, I never see data in the quote sheet or in the charts either during the day or after hours. I must be doing something wrong - any idea?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Jason

Comment

Jason,

Here's a few thoughts....

In your charts, does the Title Bar have the same info that's in my screenshot?

There is but one "tick" per day, the "settlement", so except for a tick around 3pm ET, an intraday chart will be blank.

Sometimes you have to include the Exchange with the symbol.
        Type NYMEX:RX07V into the QuoteBox or Quotesheet rather than just RX07V..

LAM

Comment

Larry,
          I have figured it out. Since I don't trade futures and am only looking at spreads to figure out how well the Oil refiners are doing, I was hoping to see the settlement prices. The problem is that I dont subscribe to the NYMEX exchange, only the CME minis. I see exactly what you see in your window, except for that the ticks. That is a little strange since it made me initially think it was a just some typo on my part. Might be a little easier to detect if it just brought back no data at all.
          At any rate, thanks for the help. I will snoop around on the web to see if I can find settlement data elsewhere.

Jason

Comment

Hey Jason,

FYI, I don't subscribe to NYMEX exchange explicitly. However, I got the chart OK since I do subscribe to the $5 "delayed" futures package.

And yep, I agree that you should have had some kind of feedback that you were not "entitled", or what not, for that particular symbol.

Jay, if you are reading this, how 'bout adding to the wish list that some sort of notification should be provided.

LAM

Comment

Larry,
              I didnt consider the $5 package for delayed quotes would give me what I needed. I think that is the ticket since I am not trading CRACK spreads and dont need real-time data. (And it is certainly easier than hunting down another source!).
              Thanks again.

Jason

Comment

That worked . Delayed Quotes work well.

Larry,
                I forgot to reply back and indicate that delayed quotes feature works well for me. I also get the dollar index DXY which I use as a market indicator. Thanks for the help and advice.

regards
                Jason

Comment

Cool.

LAM

Comment

Anyone able to get this to work (with delayed futures) for latest data? I have tried RX09M, RX09N & RX09Q. The title shows in the quote sheet but the last date of data on the charts is 9/30/2008

I am using 5.1.0.21.

Thanks

Comment

sgray1340
                      You may want to see this announcement regarding futures in version 5.x
                      Alex

Originally posted by sgray1340
                      Anyone able to get this to work (with delayed futures) for latest data? I have tried RX09M, RX09N & RX09Q. The title shows in the quote sheet but the last date of data on the charts is 9/30/2008

I am using 5.1.0.21.

Thanks

Comment

Ah.....Thanks Alex!

Comment

Does anyone know the symbol for gas crack spread in 6.0.3? I can get charts/quotes for crude oil, gas, & heating oil but I don't want to calculate the crack spread.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Give this symbol search engine a try...
                            http://ss.esignal.com/index.jsp

Search on "crack spread" (without the ")

As you probably know, in eSignal/QCharts 6, #F for month/year is for the continuous contract.

LAM
                            Originally posted by sgray1340
                            Does anyone know the symbol for gas crack spread in 6.0.3? I can get charts/quotes for crude oil, gas, & heating oil but I don't want to calculate the crack spread.

Any suggestions?

Comment

That did it!

Thanks Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X