Qcharts - Splits data is skewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qcharts - Splits data is skewed

Is anyone else having problems with recent splits data not making sense? I have noticed that indiviual stock descriptions have changed as well - ???

Yes, my splits are problematic as well. Example: on 9/11/07, MDR, MTW, & NVDA split. NVDA & MTW charts look split adjusted. MDR, however, looks like a major gap down.

fyi,
    Carol
    Attached Files

Comment

Update - my ISP crapped out and after a 20-minute downtime, logged back in and now, ALL my splits for the past few months are not split adjusted - they all look like major gaps.

Please correct. Thanks,
      Carol

Comment

We've had a few calls come in on this, and we have found that the common thread is that each user is using QFAI. I suspect that the CorpActs.unf that is being downloaded through that start-up application has fallen out of date again.

I'll drop an email to the QFAI folks to see if this is a known problem.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

I use QFAI but I also see that the CorpActs.inf is missing MDR. I deleted CorpActs.unf and started Qcharts without QFAI. The updated CorpActs.inf still does not have split for MDR.

Originally posted by JayF
          We've had a few calls come in on this, and we have found that the common thread is that each user is using QFAI. I suspect that the CorpActs.unf that is being downloaded through that start-up application has fallen out of date again.

I'll drop an email to the QFAI folks to see if this is a known problem.
          Eric Boehm

Comment

I use a data source for NASDAQ and NYSE splits that is unfortunately deleted after a split has occurred which normally causes no problems because I save the data when I update the CorpActs.UNF.

However, I suffered an accident and did not update the CorpActs.UNF for about a week. So, I had to manually update the CorpActs.UNF and as Larry Marchman figured out (thanks Larry) , I made a typo which screwed all the splits data up starting with March of this year. That typo has been fixed and the correct CorpActs.UNF update for today is dated: 09/12/2007 14:00.

Sorry for creating the problem. I'm working on a patch to save the data every day regardless if I update the CorpActs.UNF.

~Bob

[EDIT]You must shutdown QCharts 5.1, Refresh the CorpActs.UNF using the Setup>Refresh UNF from Web and then re-start QCharts 5.1 or just wait until after midnight tonite before starting QCharts 5.1. [/EDIT]

Last edited by bobscott; 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'm sure I say this for many when I say thanks for your hard work, Bob, and I hope your recovery is going well. Thanks go out to Larry as well!
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Thanks, Bob & Larry, for getting the splits fixed.

And, Bob - here's hoping your recovery is a speedy one!
                Carol

Comment

I updated the .unf file several times last night to no avail. Per the posts I updated it again this evening and every is back to normal. Thanks to all for geting this resolved!!
                  David H

Comment

Working...
                  X