X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futures index data ...

I'm using 5.1 Qcharts here ...

Some questions:

1. Does the symbol ES.Q automatically add the december contract now? or is it still stuck on september? meaning so futures rolover yesterday did they in Qcharts?

2. For the past few days my Chart numbers differ then what my Quote sheet numbers say.

Not sure if its for all the index futures or what ... At least the YM and ES... But like my chart will say 1478es (which will be the correct # (checked via r/t broker) but my quote sheet lists 1490.25
    There is also a different bid/ask

How can I get them insync - so my quote sheet is the same as my chart? ie I tried inputting the symbol again but that didnt help.

3. Also I am not sure if its a coincedence but all my lines from my ES and YM chart dissappeared a few days ago (I had alot of trendlines drawn). Anyway to keep that from happening again? Reloading the workspace didnt help.

thanks
    I'll probably switch to 6.0 soon

hmmm I see whats going on ...
    My quote sheet is using the dec tract quotes but my chart is using the sept tract quotes (lol). So I dont know why my trendlines got erased but how can I make them not do that and how can I get my chart insync with my quotes.
    Last edited by DJXput; 09-14-2007, 02:57 AM.

DJX,

The file that controls the concatenation of contracts to form the continuous charts is in error, has a December "Z" roll date of 9/21. The disparity twix your charts and quotesheet prices will straighten out when the file is fixed to have a roll date of 9/13. I sent the PTB a note early yesterday morning about the bad roll date, they responded that it would be fixed and in place by now, but guess somethin' happened. Just sent another note to them

The file is CompSyms2.INF, and is system supplied, automatically downloaded from servers when a new one is placed on servers. It's a manual update by support and is uploaded to servers at roll time, kinda like the MktHours file is a manual update and is uploaded when updated for holidays.

However, you're not gonna get the Lines back. They are based on a front month of "U". You can see this with a r-click>Lines>Edit Lines. With the large artificial gap up at roll time due to the normal price diffs twix current front month and next contract, not so sure losing the lines is a bad thing, since a new price base is in play. This not-real gap up is problematic from TA pov. I draw lines on the index (spx.x) rather than the continuous futures because of this. Just a fwiw rambling here.

LAM

Comment

follow-up.

A correct CompSyms2 is now on the servers.
      Exit/restart required to pick it up.

LAM

Comment

Got it!

Thanks Larry for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X