Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts 6.0.0.25

Jay,
    Something we dealt with throughout the Beta testing was the Data Window disappearing (even though left up) when one logged out/in. We discovered that as long as the Data Window was left parked in the left hand top corner, not touching anything else, usually it would be there when we came back.

Tonight, on 6.0.0.25, I discovered another interesting piece of info. I have multiple monitors and typically will open Beta to only 4 monitors; sometimes, I will then squeeze the 4 monitors down to 3 as I have a Browser on the 4th. Well, if all the Data Windows are up - and not parked in the upper left corner (I typically display only 1/2 the DW, similar to what can be seen in eSignal), and then the Workspace is narrowed from 4 to 3 monitors, and then logged out - when I login again, the charts that could be seen on the 3 monitors must go thru the double click to get the Data Windows back. However, when I re-stretch the Workspace from 3 to 4 monitors, the charts on that 4th monitor KEPT their Data Windows (again, only 1/2 displayed, 1/2 hidden).

I've logged in/out a couple of times to be sure it keeps happening - and it does.

This may or may not help in your troubleshooting this item for 6.1.
    See pics in next post.
    FYI,
    Carol
    Last edited by ckelly; 09-24-2007, 04:53 PM.

In 5.1, I learned to run both INDU & DJI as a couble check for what the Dow really was doing (INDU typically was out of whack until about 11 am).

I get $INDU ok in 6.0, but $DJI not only does not fill a quote sheet - but it will lock up the Workspace as well.

What symbol should I be using instead of $DJI?

Thanks.
    Carol
    Attached Files

Comment

To answer a private e-mail question - here's what the Workspace looks like with/without the Data Windows as the Workspace is narrowed from 4 to 3 and then stretched back to 4 monitors after logout and login.

fyi,
      Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

Carol
        You may want to try $DJ
        Alex

Originally posted by ckelly
        In 5.1, I learned to run both INDU & DJI as a couble check for what the Dow really was doing (INDU typically was out of whack until about 11 am).

I get $INDU ok in 6.0, but $DJI not only does not fill a quote sheet - but it will lock up the Workspace as well.

What symbol should I be using instead of $DJI?

Thanks.
        Carol

Comment

Alex,
          It works like a champ.
          Thanks!
          Carol

Comment

Some charts fill; some do not

I really appreciate all the efforts involved in getting 6.0 out the door. Unfortunately, the charts still take a long time to populate. Sometime, I can begin stepping thru the Quote Sheet and all the charts will fill; sometimes not.

In this sample, I've been waiting about 15 minutes and the 60 minute chart will not fill, yet, 20 minutes ago, it would fill with various symbols. Then, suddenly, the chart will not paint candles. I have tried various symbols in the Quote Sheet.

FWIW, I build a new Workspace with every new Beta build. So, this one I built tonight after downloading 6.0.0.25.

fyi,
            Carol

Edit: An hour and 10 minutes after this post, the chart still had not filled.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ckelly; 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM.

Comment

The futures continue to show different values between 5.1 & 6.0.0.25. Jay, you have my login info to check the servers.

Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't recall any prior comments on Volume & Avg Vol for the Indices. So this may or may not be new data. The stocks all report Volume & Avg Vol in the Quote Sheets - however, the Indices do not report it in full.

To be sure, Preferences/Cleardown is set to Never Clear fields.
                fyi,
                Carol
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ckelly; 09-24-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

A regular occurance......still there in x25.
                  ck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Overnight, the futures have now become consistent between 5.1 & x25. (Follow-up to my post last night.)

fyi,
                    Carol
                    Attached Files

Comment

I thought we had solved the duplicate Daily candle - - - it's back.

fyi,
                      Carol
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fib Time tool

the Fib Time tool was available to all Basic subscribers of QCharts version 5.x and is not available to Basic users in 6.0.0.25. Is this a change in policy or just an error?

Don
                        Last edited by drea; 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Re: Fib Time tool

Originally posted by drea
                          the Fib Time tool was available to all Basic subscribers of QCharts version 5.x and is not available to Basic users in 6.0.0.25. Is this a change in policy or just an error?

Don
                          Don,

This wasn't an intentional policy change, and was an oversight in 6.0. I've added this to our bug tracking system; we'll get this corrected.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Not entitled

Last week I downloaded and installed 6.0.0.24 and could not get entitled. Today, I uninstalled it, cleaned out the registry, and downloaded Q'Charts 6.0.0.25. I have installed it. However, I can still not get entitled. I called tech support, but the person I talked with was not able to tell me what the problem is. He suggested it might be my antivirus program which is VCOM's SystemSuite 7 Professional. I have disabled the firewall and can still not become entitled. The reference number for my call is 5912940. Please advise!
                            Dot

Comment

The White Screen of Death was a common (multiple times daily) in QC 2xx - by 5.1 it was corrected. Now, it's back in 6.0.

I'll bake cookies for anybody who can correct this. Please help.

The charts were there and had been for about 5 minutes. I touched the top blue bar and the White Screen of Death immediately appeared.

Carol
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X