Problems Upgrading to QCharts 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Upgrading to QCharts 6.0

I downloaded the new version 6.0, and I was delighted to see that my 5.1 workspace loaded right up... well, mostly.

Two problems:
    1. My index symbols automatically converted (i.e. INDU -> $INDU, etc.)... BUT, all of my support and resistance lines that I've created over time were not imported. HELP! Is there a way to import this information without having to recreate it all?

2. Two of the index symbols on my workspace are not working: $GYY and $GI8Y... is there another symbol I should be using for these?

fadeley
    With regards to the lines see this post by Jay Frank in reply to a similar question
    As to $GYY and $GI8Y these indices have a different symbol in eSignal. They are as follows
    GY A0 -> Metals Index
    GI1 A0 -> Natural Resources
    GI2 A0 -> Composite
    GI3 A0 -> Hardware
    GI4 A0 -> Software
    GI5 A0 -> Services
    GI6 A0 -> Network
    GI7 A0 -> Internet
    GI8 A0 -> Semiconductor
    (note that the character 0 in A0 is a zero and not the letter o)
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Thank you.

I'm very disappointed to learn that I can't import my lines... this will likely keep me using 5.1 for now

I tried the index symbols you suggested: GY A0 and GI8 A0, with and without the "$", with and without a space... but I get no data, just a message in the title field, "looking up" I checked the symbols on esignal... I think I've got them right now.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

fadeley
        Just to confirm those symbols are all without the $ sign and with a space between the root symbol and the A0.
        You are probably not doing anything wrong and the reason you are unable to view them may simply be that you do not have the required subscription to either the CME or CME Globex packages (to view them in real time) or to the Delayed North American Futures and Options bundle (to view them delayed).
        For more information on these specific symbols see this announcement
        Alex

Originally posted by fadeley
        Thank you.

I'm very disappointed to learn that I can't import my lines... this will likely keep me using 5.1 for now

I tried the index symbols you suggested: GY A0 and GI8 A0, with and without the "$", with and without a space... but I get no data, just a message in the title field, "looking up" I checked the symbols on esignal... I think I've got them right now.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
        X