MIAMI servers Offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAMI servers Offline?

Using QFAI, all servers in Miami are reporting ERROR.

Anyone else seeing this?

Tom,
    Yes, I've seen the same thing all morning. See my pic in Data Integrity Thread - does your look like that?

Carol

Comment

Yes, exactly like that. Thanks Carol,
      T

Comment

The DNS (Domain Name Server) database has gone whack regarding the mapping of the DNS "name" to IP "number". The Pinger in QFAI uses "name", hence the invalid results due to invalid mapping. A note has been sent offline to the Network folks.

The Miami farm is running OK. You can get to Miami if desired and not on it already via ctrl-alt-N to the IP number of choice at the Miami farm.

As a reminder, the IP numbers are...

Miami 209.202.236.21 (cc-01a.mia.finance.lycos.com)
        thru-- 209.202.236.38 (cc-18a.mia.finance.lycos.com)

Santa Clara 209.202.214.21 (cc-01.sc8.finance.lycos.com)
        thru--------- 209.202.214.31 (cc-11.sc8.finance.lycos.com)

LAM

Comment

Something occurred last night with the miami DNS. Because we have no control over the lycos.com domain, we had to rename these using the quote.com domain. As of about midnight, EDT these have a new DNS, however it seems the cc.ini router list was not published successfully with these new names this morning (we are looking into this.)

QFAI will need a new servers.txt to compensate.

Miami 209.202.236.21 (cc-01a.mia.finance.quote.com)
          thru-- 209.202.236.38 (cc-18a.mia.finance.quote.com)
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Things still not hooked up OK. See screenshot.

LAM
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the "a" needs to be removed for the resolution to go through correctly.
              Attached Files
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

OK, so I removed the "a" and changed lycos to quote for the miami servers and it worked beautifully...

Then when I restarted QFAI, the program went out and downloaded an "updated" servers txt file which is incorrect (it has the "a" and the "lycos" for each miami server.)

Is there any way I can stop QFAI from downloading the "updated" server list? Or a better option would be to make the updated Server.txt list on the server correct!

Thanks,
                T

Comment

QFAI should be good to go now. If it isn't working for you as expected, do a QFAI Toolbar>Setup>Refresh IP Addresses. As noted in the screenshot below, for now one will just have to know that the first 11 are Santa Clara farm servers and the next 18 are Miami farm servers.

Looks like the mapping, both IP#-to-Name and Name-to-IP#, has made it to the DNS databases.

LAM
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Larry! I was hoping QFAI would get fixed. I was just writing a batch file to update the servers.txt file on demand after starting QFAI when I got your post! Your timing is great!

T

Comment

Cool T. Glad it's working for you.

Sooner or later Lycos is gonna mess with the Names for the Santa Clara farm like they just did with Miami. Weird that they changed the Miami mapping but not Santa Clara name mapping. Anyhoo I was hoping that I could get the fix in now for that eventuality, but alas the Name cc-01.sc8.finance.quote.com, for example, does not map to the correct IP#. Perhaps a note I sent to the PTB regarding this will bear fruit.

LAM

Comment

Working...
                      X