• Qcharts 6.0 old symbols trouble

Hi

I upgraded to Qcharts 6.0
    but those symbols no longer work
    on the new version

QC:ADVDEC
    QC:TKVD
    INDEX:TICK

can you please let me know the new symbols for the above ones?

Re: Qcharts 6.0 old symbols trouble

Hi TradeFire,

This is the total US Market Advancing minus Declining Breadthalyzer that has no equivalent in eSignal at this time. You can chart it in 6.0 using the -QC suffix to obtain the data from the QCharts continuum network feed.
    QC:ADVDEC-QC
    eSignal has exchange specific Advancing minus Declining, but not a total US Market.
    $ADD NYSE.........(ADVDEC.NY-QC from the QCharts feed)
    $ADDA AMEX.... ..(ADVDEC.AM-QC from the QCharts feed)
    $ADDQ NASDAQ...(ADVDEC.NQ-QC from the QCharts feed)
    One could use an expressions if so desired...
    ($ADD + $ADDA + $ADDQ) Note: parens required if entering into quotesheet.

QC:TKVD US Stocks Volume of Up Ticks vs Down Ticks.
    No equivalent in eSignal feed.
    Use...
    QC:TKVD-QC

INDEX:TICK NYSE TICK from NYSE exchange
    $TICK......NYSE
    $TICKA...AMEX
    $TICKQ...NASDAQ
    or from QCharts feed (calculated on QCharts servers)
    TICK-QC........Total US Stocks
    TICK.NY-QC....NYSE
    TICK.NQ-QC....NASDAQ
    TICK.AM-QC....AMEX

LAM
    Originally posted by TradeFire
    Hi

I upgraded to Qcharts 6.0
    but those symbols no longer work
    on the new version

QC:TKVD
    INDEX:TICK

can you please let me know the new symbols for the above ones?

Comment

Did I read that right larry? There is no esignal symbols for advancers, decliners, adv/decl etc?

Comment

Originally posted by bhds
        Did I read that right larry? There is no esignal symbols for advancers, decliners, adv/decl etc?
        Hey bhds,

Take another look at the post.
        The syms with the $ as first character are eSignal syms.
        eSignal has certain syms that are like the QCharts Breathalyzers, but a subset of all that's available in QCharts.

For example:
        NASDAQ Advancing minus declining is $ADDQ in the eSignal feed, and is QC:ADVDEC.NQ in the QCharts continuum feed. To access the "QC:" syms in QCharts 6.0, one has to specify a suffix....ADVDEC.NQ-QC.

fwiw, I'm using ADVDEC.NQ-QC in V6.0 rather than $ADDQ since the continuum symbol updates every 10 seconds, whereas $ADDQ in eSignal updates every 30 seconds. I find the update interval in QCharts feed being 3X as frequent paints a much better chart with directional pivots quicker to confirm.

Here's the link to the eSignal syms...
        http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...esigind_nr.asp

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry!
          I searched but could not for the life of me find the "indices" listing. Nice that they have the update freq also.

What was the update freq for nyse tick data on the continuum feed? 5 min candles in 6.0 seem to have a lot more "tails" compared to 5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by bhds
            Thanks Larry!
            I searched but could not for the life of me find the "indices" listing. Nice that they have the update freq also.

What was the update freq for nyse tick data on the continuum feed? 5 min candles in 6.0 seem to have a lot more "tails" compared to 5.0.
            Yep, for NYSE TICK, $TICK (QCharts 6.0/eSignal feed) vs INDEX:TICK (QCharts 5.1/continuum), one does get more tail.

$TICK....6secs update interval.
            INDEX:TICK...12sec update interval, but regarding the actual interval experience....
            ...and exacerbating how much tail one gets, with the @#$%& throttled feed on most continuum servers, lots'a dropped updates during early and late market hours.

However, another continuum NYSE TICK that's available is QC:TICK.NY with 10 sec update interval. It doesn't have the dropped update issues that INDEX:TICK has...fwiw.

$TICKQ (NASDAQ TICK) in eSignal feed is a 30sec update.

A look at T&S will show the update intervals...assuming one is not looking at a time when updates are being dropped.

Just as a fwiw, attached is a screenshot of part of my production workspace showing how I view this type of info, specifically in my case the Nasdaq .NQ stuff....tick.nq, advdec.nq, and advdecv.nq.

LAM
            Attached Files

Comment

CALL VOL and PUT VOL symbols

What about the (29) eSignal symbols for CALL VOL PUT VOL, CALL VOL plus PUT VOL, as example:

$CVOLA-ST, CALL VOLUME AMEX
              $CVOLE-ST, CALL VOLUME ALL EQUITIES ALL EXCHANGES

$OVOLA-ST, PUT VOL plus CALL VOL AMEX

$PVOLA-ST,PUT VOLUME AMEX

For all these symbols, I only get the data from 10/17/2006 to 01/18/2007.

Does anyone know why?

Comment

10/2006 is the approximate time the Put/Call data started to be offered on the eSignal network.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Any idea why I can not get the historical data from 1/18/07 for these PUT/CALL symbols with my 3rd party software (Investor R/T version eSignal)?

I get the historical data for the other ($ADD, $DECL, $ISSU, $DVOL, $PCE-ST, $PCI-ST, .....)

Comment

Working...
                  X