Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AutoWave question - scrolling back in time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoWave question - scrolling back in time?

I use the AutoWave indicator on my charts, and I have a question about the indicator's behavior when scrolling back in time.

On short-term charts (1 hour or less usually), the AutoWave indicator will often redraw during the course of a day as moves occur. By that I mean, it may initially draw on 1 candle, but may 'move' to a candle later in time depending on the price movement.

I've been trying to scroll charts back in time to see this effect. Unfortunately, what I see is the last line of the AutoWave indicator will simply be removed from the chart once you scroll past the candle on which it was drawn. This happens even in places where I know that the line was initially drawn on earlier candles.

(hopefully that explanation makes sense).

Is the behavior that I'm seeing what you (Jay/Mike/anyone from eSignal) would expect from the AutoWave lines?

Thanx.

carbuff,

Apologies for not seeing your message before. AutoWave is my favorite study in the whole world.

On the Studies QuickBar, right-click on the AutoWave 'blue wave" icon. On the Wave Definition tab of its property sheet, put some number > 0 (e.g., 1, 2 or 3) in the boxes beside "Include how many screens to left:" and "~right:". That will cause bars off-screen to either side to be considered.

A downside to doing this is that the chart will become more cluttered.

Please let me know if this doesn't address what you asked. Let me know how you would change AutoWave.

- Mike C
    Lead Developer, QCharts 6
    Creator of AutoWave

Comment

AutoWave Redrawing Question

Is there a setting that will show the AutoWave line redrawing when you have scrolled back and then right-arrow one candle at a time? It redraws during the day, but I can't get it to redraw after the candles have already completed!

Michael
      Last edited by qchartman; 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Michael
        To my knowledge that functionality is not available at this time.
        As I understand it even if you scroll back the chart the program remains fully aware of the data that exists to the right of the displayed area [even if you can't see it] and will compute all the waves taking into account that data. Scrolling back the chart does not physically or virtually "remove" that data and it does not recalculate the waves on every bar as you scroll back.
        The AutoWave study is computed (and its values stored) up to the last bar on the chart and will recompute only as new bars are added in real time.
        Alex

Originally posted by qchartman
        Is there a setting that will show the AutoWave line redrawing when you have scrolled back and then right-arrow one candle at a time? It redraws during the day, but I can't get it to redraw after the candles have already completed!

Michael

Comment

Working...
        X