CPU Pegged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Pegged

How do you deal with the problem of CPU pegged at 100%. I found out today that it occurs once in a while when I have Qchart , my broker platform, and other websites open at the same time.

How do you find out which program is the culprit?

My computer is Pentium 4, 3.2 Gh and had 1 Gh Ram, but two days ago, I added another 1 Gh of Ram and still have the same problem.

Re: CPU Pegged

Originally posted by Ahmed Elneweihi
    How do you deal with the problem of CPU pegged at 100%. I found out today that it occurs once in a while when I have Qchart , my broker platform, and other websites open at the same time.

How do you find out which program is the culprit?

My computer is Pentium 4, 3.2 Gh and had 1 Gh Ram, but two days ago, I added another 1 Gh of Ram and still have the same problem.
    Ahmed,

I'm partial to, and can't live without TaskInfo system monitor. It's $hareware, but hey, us Pro's never quibble about the cost of a proper toolbox. Eh?
    See Essential Tools at Bledsoe's site.... www.qcsoftwarehelp.com.

Regarding memory, more is only gonna help if one has so much stuff running that one has run out of physical memory and programs are driven to use the Swap file on disk. TaskInfo provides good info regarding this.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X