X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts 6.0.1.1 -- Maintenance Release

Greetings QCharts Community,

We've spent the last month working on the issues reported into our Technical Support Department regarding QCharts 6.0. We are to the point where we have a large grouping of improvements for QCharts 6.0, and will be posting a "maintenance release" to the download page early next week.

We wanted to give the QCharts community here at eSignal Central the first opportunity to get these latest updates. If you'd like to download the latest version of QCharts 6.0, please click the link below.

Download QCharts 6.0.1.1 Now

Below is a list of some of the improvements in this version:

- Divider, Total and Sub-total rows are now being loaded correctly
    - Improvements to stability and overall responsiveness (we'll continue to work on further improvements in this area for QCharts 6.1)
    - Cursor Data Window (CDW) will no longer disappear upon the reload of a workspace that had a CDW placed outside of the chart border
    - Bond futures are now formatted correctly
    - Hot List Windows no longer count towards your symbol count; please note that Quote Sheet-based Hot Lists still count as they are making real-time subscriptions.
    - Fibonacci Time Tool is once again enabled for all QCharts users.
    - Daily Charts on option symbols are now available.
    - Future Option titles now correctly reflect the Put/Call option type
    - Cleardown preferences are now being saved correctly upon exiting QCharts
    - Fixed a rare problem where blank charts could occur when coming back to a symbol that was accessed previously.
    - Fixed a rare problem where symbols could sometimes get confused with other symbols when a large workspace is loaded.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Jay,

Thank you for 6.0.1.1.

Just a few things I've noticed:

1. Are you going to be able to fit Short Interest in on the Single Quote? Just a small thing, but desirable.

2. The time parameters in Cleardown are still clearing the option portfolios before the chosen time, in my case 11:59:00pm.

3. Option portfolios still show a blank Trade Date column after market close.

4. The Expression and Qcharts Toolbars will not float off-screen on a reboot of 6.0.1.1 as they do in 5.1. This gives us more screen real estate.

5. The speed at which charts come in is awesome and it looks like we'll have good response still during market hours.

6. Having the Daily chart display option pricing is beautiful. I've been waiting for that for a long time. I'm very excited.

Thank you and Mike for your hard work and for getting us this file before the weekend. Looking forward to Monday morning.
    Attached Files

Comment

Jay,

Just an update on 6.0.1.1:

In the option portfolios, the "NET" column is quite often wrong because the "YEST" column is as well. Sometimes the Net is often off by 1, 2, and 3 points.

Thank you,

'Tail.

Comment

hardtaill,

I'm very gratified you like the speed-up.

Concerning Option Montage, please know that in 6.0.1.1 we are postponing the redraw and sorting, if they get in the way of data updates. There is a way to turn that off; I can PM you Monday.

On Monday, if you have time, please say more about what you're seeing in the Montage. I will try to duplicate it then and address.

Let's fix ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Thanks very much,

= Mike C.

Comment

A few comments on 6.0.1.1:

-Time & Sales: Go To Date/Time - it will Go To the Date, but not the time (see pic).

-Can the fly out to set Preferences (such as font, etc.) be set to fly out right there on that specific chart? For instance, if one right clicks on an Indicator and clicks Preferences, the pop-up occurs right there, on that specific chart. However, if one right clicks on the Price Action, then clicks Font - the pop-up jumps to another monitor 3 or 4 monitors away. The same holds for the Data Window and the Snapshot bar.

-Charts continue to be slow to populate; there is still the lengthy time of non-responsiveness; and I'm still seeing the white bar at top when it locks up. I know Jay advises that this work will not be done until 6.1 - just wanting to keep it up front.

Thanks,
          Carol
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ckelly; 10-28-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I don't typically use T&S, so pardon if this seems out there - but, it sure appears that 5.1 is picking up many trades that are not being picked up in 6.0.1.1. Somehow, I was expecting the exact opposite.

fyi,
            Carol
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ckelly; 10-29-2007, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I've checked several sources and they all indicate PBR had a volume of 5.56 million shares on 10/26/07. Looks like the price doubling continues to be an issue in 6.0.1.1.

fyi,
              Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

Similar to the .avi video I sent in via e-mail last week - I continue to see the same action in 6.0.1.1 - namely, for a chart where the Sym is unlocked/green - when I click the Expression Tool Bar Interval box to change the time frame, the Symbol box on the Expression Tool Bar will spin thru multiple symbols and land on AAPL, and I then must go back and change the Sym back to the original symbol.

I'll get another movie if you want it.
                Carol

Comment

Here's an example of waiting for charts to paint. Charts set on a standard time frame of 60-minutes. I have been waiting since 9:25am and 30 minutes later, still no charts although you can see the Snapshot Bar is updating.

fyi,
                  Carol
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ckelly; 10-29-2007, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
                    I don't typically use T&S, so pardon if this seems out there - but, it sure appears that 5.1 is picking up many trades that are not being picked up in 6.0.1.1. Somehow, I was expecting the exact opposite.

fyi,
                    Carol
                    Some indices in Continuum get their previous close prices restated, and that's what you're seeing there in your screenshot.

Also, keep in mind that some indices are calculated at different intervals and the eSignal network doesn't send out second or third updates of the same price for indices. So when it comes to indices, we aren't comparing apples to apples... more like a granny smith vs. a fuji.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
                      Mike,
                      Similar to the .avi video I sent you via e-mail last week - I continue to see the same action in 6.0.1.1 - namely, for a chart where the Sym is unlocked/green - when I click the Expression Tool Bar Interval box to change the time frame, the Symbol box on the Expression Tool Bar will spin thru multiple symbols and land on AAPL, and I then must go back and change the Sym back to the original symbol.

I'll get another movie if you want it.
                      Carol
                      Carol,

Thanks for the feedback on this. We are aware of problems in the symbol linking, and unfortunately solving this is not a quick fix. It will involve a complete overhaul of the symbol linking/messaging system to address this. This is certainly an irriating problem when it does occur, so we'll try to get this worked out in 6.1.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by hardtaill
                        Jay,

Just an update on 6.0.1.1:

In the option portfolios, the "NET" column is quite often wrong because the "YEST" column is as well. Sometimes the Net is often off by 1, 2, and 3 points.

Thank you,

'Tail.
                        If you could post some example symbols on this problem, along with a few examples of where you are cross-referencing the quotes/nets against, that would be great.

In spot checking a few against CBOE.com, I almost thought the yest's were wrong too, but then I realized I was comparing against the CBOE-listed option (ends in -E) and not the composite variety of the symbol (no symbol suffix) which QCharts6 uses.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

One last note on charts slow to populate - have been waiting since 9:25am. These blank charts will paint 5-min charts and no other time frame (see top right). I found one symbol that would paint a 60-min chart (see top left).
                          fyi,
                          Carol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Carol,

One difference between 6.0.1.1 and previous builds -- and a source of its higher performance -- is that 6.0.1.1 draws only when no data is arriving. Perhaps the machine is so busy with data that no drawing occurs on some windows. Could you please send a copy of your current workspace? I will try it tomorrow a.m. during open market. Thanks very much,

- Mike C.

Comment

Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me Friday night and also for making this forum available. The contact is appreciated.

First of all, 6.0.1.1 runs very, very fast. x.25 and x.31 were fast, but x.1.1 is extremely fast. No waiting at all for charts to fill during market hours. Even typing in new symbols instead of selecting from a portfolio is also very fast. I got used to about a 2-second wait, now it's lightning-fast.

The following is a list of small concerns with options and, for all but a few, the same concerns will cover the Montage as well as a Quote Sheet loaded with options.

1. In the Montage only, all available months are displayed which loads up the Data Manager with unwanted symbols when only the current month may be desired. Also, only those strikes which are "in the money" are displayed.

2. For some reason, when asking for a Montage, it may bring in, say, 25 additional symbols, but the load on the Data Manager increases by 45 to 50 new symbols. I tried this on RIMM and it did the same thing several times. When loading options into a Quote Sheet, that problem does not occur, plus, only the requested month's options are loaded.

3. Most of the "Net" values in the Montage and the Quote Sheets are incorrect, which means that last night's closing data is also incorrect and would also affect Highs, Lows, Range, True Range, Net %, Net Since Open and many others which are nice to have. I did what you suggested in your PM to me and it fixed 99% of the incorrect "Net" problems. There a still a few, but are very reliable at least in the afterhours view of things. Very nice!

4. Trade Dates are still blank in the Afterhours market and are not complete during market hours.

*** 6.0.1.1 looks to be a superb program and runs very efficiently. BTW, thanks for this program. I know that you probably have untold numbers of hours invested in this program and I admire your expertise and abilities in its creation. The financial side of my life has been greatly improved by you and your skill over the years in making this available. I am, by no means, a slouch when it comes to business, but because of you, my view of the stock market is extremely advantageous and financially rewarding.

'Tail.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X