6.0 settings stored where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.0 settings stored where?

With the older qcharts I was able to move or copy the program folder at will for backing up or to move it to another computer etc. Other than minor display tweaks it would run fine. Tried doing that with 6.0 and it cant find any of the workspaces. I can remap the hotkeys to the workspaces but I get a popup stating "qcharts has blocked the loading of some content from this workspace...." Please dont tell me that 6.0 is more registry dependent now

Seriously.
    I'm getting ready to re-image my system and need to know how to back up Qcharts as completely as possible

Thanks.

Comment

bhd,
      the old qcharts stored stuff in program files\quote\...etc.

6.0 stores under program files\qcharts\...etc.

I can find all my workspaces there. Is that what you're looking for?

Comment

No
        With the older version you could copy the folder containing the program and move it to another folder or computer and run it from there with only a few minor re-tweaks.
        I cant do that with the new version. It wont run at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bhds
          No
          With the older version you could copy the folder containing the program and move it to another folder or computer and run it from there with only a few minor re-tweaks.
          I cant do that with the new version. It wont run at all.
          Hey bhds,

Well, hmmm....it works for me OK.

1. Did R-click of complete folder, Copy, and Pasted onto Desktop.
          2. Renamed new copy folder to "QC 6..0.1.1 on Desktop".
          3. Hacked Registry to effectively remove existing QCharts to simulate this being a different computer (see screenshot)
          4. Opened Desktop copy folder.
          5. Clicked "winros.exe" to start the DataManager (so it would not pick up wrong DM address from an INI that's in the system folder)
          6. Clicked "QCharts.exe" to start QCharts.

It came up OK, like a new install comes up. Ya know, Maximized and all tool bars. So did the minor tweaking you mention.

Notice in screenshot that starting QCharts.exe resulted in a full blown complete Registry entry built on the fly, without doing a formal Install.

Bottom line, 6.0 seems to be as "portable" as 5.1, at least in my playing around with it.

LAM
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X