Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with qcharts 6

Greetings
    The speed of qcharts 6 is a great improvement. But there are some problems.

1) As a swing trader I use interval charts for entry and exit and particularly like using the open hour and the closing hour for trading. For reasons unknown all interval charts (shorter then 1 day) stop updating 1 hour before market close.

2) Day chart and interval charts show correct volumes (during the trading day with the exception described above), but the quote sheet volume is never correct.

3) More then quite often, the quote sheet volumes and price migrate to other symbols making it tough to follow trades

4) Periodically symbols on the quote sheet when selected, will not open a chart.

5) Periodically symbols on the quote sheet change entirely. Example; for most of yesterday DM-tc would change to $DM-tc.

Over the weekend I reformatted my computer. Prior to the weekend I had both qcharts 5.1 and the new version installed. I installed only 6.0.1.1 , thinking that there may have been a conflict. It made no difference. This morning I reinstalled qcharts 5.0.0.3-1.
    I would very much prefer to use the new qcharts. Can you help me sort through the problems above.
    Thank you

sOlar,

I am sending you a PM.

- Mike C.

Comment

My interval charts (ceg) are still missing data. Session begins at 08:30 and ends at 13:30; one and 1/2 hours before the close. Makes it impossible to trade intraday with qcharts 6.

Is this a known issue and problem with other qchart users, or just mine? Is there something I can do to correct this?

Using old qcharts 5 is ok except that it is very delayed data, at times bigcharts.com (free) is faster.

please help

Comment

Another problem is volume and price quote sheet and chart data.

Besides volumes and price migrating to other symbols, besides inabilty to open charts for some symbols, you never quite know if price or volume is correct.

Example from quote sheet.
        AMC-tc (low volume stock)
        Quote sheet
        Last - .52 Volume 616,000 Net -0.36 Bid .50 Ask .52 Open .90 High .52 Low .52 Gap +0.02
        Day chart
        16,500 volume, price is correct at .90 and volume is correct for a change
        ----------

SGF-tc (high volume stock)
        Quote sheet is correct with the exception to volume which shows 4,527,706 trades - actual is 1,830,756
        Day chart shows 2,066,306
        60 minute chart shows 2,447,300

Comment

Working...
        X