Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts 6.0 problems, need help

Problems encounter with 6.0.1.1 on a daily basis:

(1) Porgram crashed after 3 to 4 hours of running. QCharts starts with 6% CPU usage 57 MB of RAM, and then increased to over 100% CPU usage 1+GB of RAM before it crashed. I am running VISTA on a Dell Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 1.86GHz 1TB HD. I am not tech savvy so I don't know what info to provide will be useful to you.

(2) Chart data outage for Toronto Stock Exchange and Venture Exchange after 3pm EST. The chart will not draw the price bar in any minute(s) after 3pm.

(3) A symbol (or more) changed mysteriously after I saved the worksheet and reopen again. This happens to version 5.1 as well.

(4) Chart time interval changed to "daily" even when the interval is locked(red) and the symbol is open(green), this happens whenever an invalid symbol is encounterd.

Other problems:

(1) I have 150 symbol files estimate between 10,000 to 20,000 symbols (and long comments, mostly in Toronto and Venture stock exchanges) in version 5 that is not reconized by version 6. How can I convert without retyping everything that I built up in the last 8 years?

(2) What is the version 6 signal symbol $TSX-TC in version 5? What is the version 5 symbol CECXY in version 6?

(3) Mandatory conversion to 6.1 in only 30 days is like pushing me to other platform. I choose QCharts because I am not a tech guru. Any good suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

It should read:

What is the version 5 symbol CEC DXY in version 6?

Comment

Re: QCharts 6.0 problems, need help

Originally posted by iii222

(3) Mandatory conversion to 6.1 in only 30 days is like pushing me to other platform.
      Is this true? v5 will stop working within 30 days?

Thanks,
      Bob

Comment

It should read:

What is the version 5 symbol CEC DXY in version 6?
        It is DX A0 my friend.

All the best.

K

Comment

Re: Re: QCharts 6.0 problems, need help

Originally posted by LakeGuy
          Is this true? v5 will stop working within 30 days?

Thanks,
          Bob
          This is incorrect. Originally our plans were to discontinue the Continuum (5.1) feed by the end of the year, however implementing some of the unique Continuum features such as the Breadthalizer symbols and extended historical data has delayed this until approximately Q1 of 2008.

We'll have a more formal announcement of our plans for Continuum out to the public in the next few weeks.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Re: QCharts 6.0 problems, need help

[B]Problems encounter with 6.0.1.1 on a daily basis:

(1) Porgram crashed after 3 to 4 hours of running. QCharts starts with 6% CPU usage 57 MB of RAM, and then increased to over 100% CPU usage 1+GB of RAM before it crashed. I am running VISTA on a Dell Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 1.86GHz 1TB HD. I am not tech savvy so I don't know what info to provide will be useful to you.
            1GB of memory is a ton of usage for QCharts. Are you running a large amount of charts or cycling through a large amount of symbols? Can you describe your usage pattern more so that we can understand how this may be crashing?

(2) Chart data outage for Toronto Stock Exchange and Venture Exchange after 3pm EST. The chart will not draw the price bar in any minute(s) after 3pm.
            This will be fixed later this evening. An error crept into a file that controls the Market Hours of charts, and a fix will be released soon for this.

(3) A symbol (or more) changed mysteriously after I saved the worksheet and reopen again. This happens to version 5.1 as well.
            We are aware of this bug and have it on our list of items to investigate further.

(4) Chart time interval changed to "daily" even when the interval is locked(red) and the symbol is open(green), this happens whenever an invalid symbol is encounterd.
            In order to correct this problem the symbol/interval linking process needs to be overhauled. Much like an engine, this is a big task and may likely not fit into the QCharts 6.1 time frame. We do have this on our list though.

Other problems:

(1) I have 150 symbol files estimate between 10,000 to 20,000 symbols (and long comments, mostly in Toronto and Venture stock exchanges) in version 5 that is not reconized by version 6. How can I convert without retyping everything that I built up in the last 8 years?
            QCharts isn't recognizing your comments because the symbols are different between 5.1 and 6.0. We do have some basic symbol mapping applied to Quote Sheets and other symbol entry areas, however this mapping logic has not been written into the line area yet. We hope to have this in 6.1.

(2) What is the version 6 signal symbol $TSX-TC in version 5? What is the version 5 symbol CECXY in version 6?
            TSE:ISPTX is the equivelent for $TSX-TC. Thanks to Khalsa for answering the other part of this.

(3) Mandatory conversion to 6.1 in only 30 days is like pushing me to other platform. I choose QCharts because I am not a tech guru. Any good suggestion?
            Please see my earlier post in this thread.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Re: Re: QCharts 6.0 problems, need help

Problems encounter with 6.0.1.1 on a daily basis:

Originally posted by JayF

This will be fixed later this evening.

I have reboot my computer, the data outage is still there today. Am I missing something or has the fix put in yet?

P.S. Thanks Khalsa, JayF, Larry Marchman and others who help me out on these problems.

Comment

For an unknown reason, the new MktHoursESignal.tab file is not being downloaded automatically. If you delete that file in your QCharts 6.0/SigText folder, then the newest file will automatically come in. This will correct the errors on the Canadian Equities.

We're researching into why this auto download isn't working as intended.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

For an unknown reason, the new MktHoursESignal.tab file is not being downloaded automatically. If you delete that file in your QCharts 6.0/SigText folder, then the newest file will automatically come in. This will correct the errors on the Canadian Equities.
                  I followed your instructions but the problem still exists in VISTA, no data showing on charts after 3 pm EST. I even uninstall and then reinstall 6.0.1.2., but problem remains.

I install 6.0.1.2 in another computer which run XP, it does not have this problem. Please advise.

Comment

Please locate the QCharts.exe file for QCharts 6.0 and right-click on it. Select Properties and then the Compatability Tab. Then adjust the main setting on that screen to run QCharts in Windows XP mode. That will make sure that the .inf files are handled correctly.

Essentially, Vista doesn't like the way QCharts downloads files directly into the program's own folder and the OS does some virtualization around said files, which doesn't behave properly with QCharts.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Please locate the QCharts.exe file for QCharts 6.0 and right-click on it. Select Properties and then the Compatability Tab. Then adjust the main setting on that screen to run QCharts in Windows XP mode.
                      I followed your instructions but the problem remain.

So I also took the additional step of deleting the MktHoursESignal.tab file. The new file downloaded automatically, but it did not correcting the problem.

Please advise.

Comment

iii222,

Please try exiting QCharts, searching for any files beginning with MktHours* and then renaming any files found to end in ".old"

Then start QCharts 6.0 back up and a new set of files should be downloaded.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

iii222,

Please try exiting QCharts, searching for any files beginning with MktHours* and then renaming any files found to end in ".old"

Then start QCharts 6.0 back up and a new set of files should be downloaded.
                          IT WORKS !!! Thanks JayF.

There is a minor problem that comes with it, the market hours starts at 9:30am EST not 9:00am EST. I am sure this is an easy fix.

Comment

QCharts 6 New problem, tick charts are blanks

Qcharts 6.0.1.2 the tick charts are all blanks, the minutes charts are very slow to populate.

This is a new problem to me, I cannot do any day trading without the tick charts. The daily charts are still working fine. I already try switching router, but has no improvement.

Does anyone have the same problem? What solution is available?

Comment

Charts change time frame

I am running a workspace in 6.0.1.2 which contains a quote sheet with about 50 symbols and two charts - one a 5 minute chart with "all sessions" enabled, the other a daily chart. Both are set with the "Sym" block in green so they both track the active symbol.

I am finding that the daily chart sometimes (quite frequently) changes time frames from daily to 5 minutes when new symbols are entered on the keyboard. This seems to be a somewhat random occurrence, although I think I have narrowed it down to the first time a new symbol is keyed in. Clicking on a quote sheet entry seemingly never causes this. Entering a symbol on the quote sheet via keyboard also does not cause the problem. When I key a symbol in, I am entering just the symbol and not the exchange prefix. Once the daily chart flips to a 5 minute chart, it stays that way until manually reset whether the next entry is from the quote sheet or keyboard. The "original" 5 minute chart never changes.

Has this previously been reported? Is there a way I can prevent this?

Thanks,
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X