Chart default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart default

Is there any way to change the charts setting so that when you move the timeframe of a chart, if you close it and then reopen it, the chart will be at the time frame you left it, as opposed to the current time frame? When I go back in time on all my charts to do research, if I'm interrupted and must close the workspace, when I return to it, I need to reset all the charts to where the time frame was when I left it.

Frank,
    If you look in the upper right hand corner of each Chart, you'll see two buttons: One is for the Symbol and the other is for the time Interval. Set the Chart's interval to what you want and then click thru the Interval until it is red. This will lock the time frame for you. Now, if you minimize that chart and then maximize/open it again, it will be the time Interval you set. Also, as long as you Save the Workspace before exiting, the charts will come back to the set time Interval. Only caveat is that there is a bug in QCharts which causes the charts to occasionally, arbitrarily change time frames. When this happens, you'll have to change the Interval back to what you had set.

Carol

Comment

Carol, Again I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm familiar with how the buttons work. My problem isn't that the time frame changes. What I meant that if I have a daily chart open and the right hand margin is on, say, Dec. 1, 2006. When I close the workspace or that symbol and then come back to it, the right hand margin will be at today's date, not Dec. 1, 2006.

If I'm in the middle of doing some research and want to quickly check another symbol, I "lose my place" on the previous symbol. It seems a simple matter to scroll back to it, but if I leave it for a bit, I forget where I was. (Comes with age, as do most bad things in life.)

Frank.

Comment

Frank,
        Ok, I think I better understand your question now.

Unfortunately, any time you close the workspace or change symbols on the chart, it will always reopen to the default of today's date.

About the only thing I can think to help you quickly find your place again is to put a big red (pick a color) line on the chart where you were and when you scroll back it will be easy to see.

Carol

Comment

Working...
        X