Lost in space........ 6.0.1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in space........ 6.0.1.2

“Lost In Space” (“b” TV series) or “Is There Anybody Out There” (Pink Floyd) both seem as good a reference to current qchart difficulties as any others.

Current Issues

Entering symbols (current 6.0.1.2)
    If you highlight a day chart or any time frame chart (other then a weekly time frame) and then start entering stock symbols or any other chartable symbols (ie: yg z7, $xau ………etc.) the interval chart that was highlighted will soon on its own change to a weekly chart.
    I’ve noticed that after the chart interval (any interval except weekly) has been changed mysteriously to “weekly” that each time you enter a new symbol the Expressions bar (symbols “interval”) first momentarily shows “daily” and then “weekly”. It never shows the original interval (say 60 minute, 15 minute etc) again.

However, if you highlight a quote sheet and start entering symbols (as above) (and not into the quote sheet), the chart time frames will remain as you have set them.

Volume (current 6.0.1.2)
    There can be absolutely no reliance on the volumes that are coming up on any chart time frame or quote sheet.
    Example – In comparison to my real time brokers account:
    1) The quote sheet is giving incorrect volume
    2) You cannot trust volume on “any” time frame charts
    3) A day chart can show correct volume
    4) A Troubling example: If actual volume is 50,000 shares traded, the quote sheet may show 250,000 shares traded, a day chart may or may not show correct volume, a 60 minute chart may show 2,000,000 shares traded.
    5) If volumes are incorrect how can any indicators be correct or current candle formation be correct. Therefore how can you trade safely just of the chart information.

Charts
    Occasionally charts refuse to load. If this happens you can go to preferences/cleardown/…change the selected buttons, and then apply. This seems to reset things and you now can open the chart that refused. This also seems to temporarily correct the volume issues (usually remains correct anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes).

Quote sheet
    The quote sheet is a strange animal.
    1) Sometimes (though not for the last couple of days) the quote sheet will change symbols. Example: for many days it was changing G-tc to $G-tc
    2) Volume (as mentioned above) can never be believed.
    3) Any random symbol has super powers now, as “that” symbols volume can now magically appear as any other symbols volume.
    4) And the super powers don’t stop there as any symbols price can now magically become any other symbols price. I’ve seen G-tc drop over $30 and penny stocks do the opposite.

Interval chart (current 6.0.1.2)
    Thank you for correcting the problem with interval charts that used to stop 1 ½ hours before market close each day.

Swing Trading
    Swing Trading takes on a whole new meaning as I often flip between the older qcharts (5.0.0.3-1) and the newer (6.0.1.2) during the day. The older version is slow and often takes a long time to load a symbol, sometimes you are lucky enough to be getting accurate volume with real time charts (if you can find the right server) and sometimes charts won’t load (probably is coincidental to finding the right server).
    I’ve been a faithfully long term subscriber to qcharts , but starting to wonder.
    Reliance on delayed time free charts from the web to confirm delayed (5.0.0.3-1) price and volume issues (6.0.1.2) with qcharts does open up some serious questions.
Working...
X