QCharts Changing Stock Symbols in my Quote Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts Changing Stock Symbols in my Quote Sheet

Yesterday and today, when I started up QCharts (v 5.1.0.21) which has a quote sheet with my open positions, QCharts changed the symbol name of one of my positions to be the same as the one above it.

The cost basis, number of shares etc. are what they should be, but the calculated Profit/Loss field is wrong, as it is based on the "new" symbol rather than what it should be.

Is this a known problem?

Bob

We do have some reports on this issue in both 5.1 and 6.0, but the exact cause in the product has not been nailed down yet. We're essentially in a information gathering mode to try to reliably duplicate this in-house, so we had a few questions.

- What are the basic specifications of your PC? (CPU Type and Speed & amount of RAM... eg. Intel Core Duo @ 2.0 Ghz, 1Gb RAM)

- When you first noticed this was a problem, what was the last step you took? (i.e. loading a workspace, importing a Quote Sheet, switching symbols etc.)

- Was the CPU under significant load or high memory use at the time?

- Were you aware of any large/heavy process running in the background at the time? (i.e. Virus Scan)

- If you use multiple workspaces, are you seeing this problem across multiple workspaces or only one?

Thanks in advance for your help. If any other users are able to reliably duplicate this problem, please also post here with your answers to the above questions.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

A symbol name changing in my quote sheet is a regular occurance in Q6. I boot up the computer in the morning check my email and start qcharts. And there it is a name change on the symbol sheet. It always is the original symbol name but now with a $ infront of it. example: $BWR (was BWR-tc).

other: Chart time frames changing to weekly.

Workspace with two charts and a quote sheet.
      1) workspace is a day chart highlighted, then a quote sheet and then a weekly chart.
      If I highlight the day chart and begin entering random symbols this chart will automatically change from what ever time frame it is (example 15 min or day chart) to a weekly time frame.

2)workspace the same as above "1)" but entering new symbols directly into the expressions toolbar creates the same results as "1)"

3)workspace is quote sheet highlighted then the day chart and the weekly chart following.
      If I highlight the quote sheet and start entering random symbols the top chart time frame will not change. In the top charts process of showing the newly entered symbol I have noticed that the expression toolbar time frame first shows weekly then quickly changes to whatever time frame it is supposed to be on the top chart.

Hope this helps you find the bugs soon.

Comment

s0lar,

If you could PM (Private Message) me your workspace, we'll try to duplicate the stock symbol switching problem in-house.

Regarding the interval switching problem, we are aware of this and its on the bug list.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Jay, I have another problem with the quote sheet. YM Z7 (Dow e-mini) is not printing price correctly pre-open. The problem is solved with YM #F (continuous), but I prefer the current contract. Same with INTC. Any reason? Thanks.
          Last edited by eckel; 12-07-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

more info on chart time frames changing

More notes in addition to what I wrote below and using the same workspace.
            4) If there is more then one chart in the workspace and they are all checked "green" in the symbol box at the top of the chart. the results in 1,2,3 apply.
            5) There is more then one chart in the workspace .........but only one chart is checked "green" the other chart symbols box is left grey; the time frame on either chart will remain as selected and the expressions toolbar will not flash a different interval when the new symbol is loading onto the chart.

hope this helps

----------------------------------------------------------------------
            "previously wriiten.............
            other: Chart time frames changing to weekly.

Workspace with two charts and a quote sheet.
            1) workspace is a day chart highlighted, then a quote sheet and then a weekly chart.
            If I highlight the day chart and begin entering random symbols this chart will automatically change from what ever time frame it is (example 15 min or day chart) to a weekly time frame.

2)workspace the same as above "1)" but entering new symbols directly into the expressions toolbar creates the same results as "1)"

3)workspace is quote sheet highlighted then the day chart and the weekly chart following.
            If I highlight the quote sheet and start entering random symbols the top chart time frame will not change. In the top charts process of showing the newly entered symbol I have noticed that the expression toolbar time frame first shows weekly then quickly changes to whatever time frame it is supposed to be on the top chart."

Comment

the high lighted chart interval will always change

Was playing around a little more and discovered that everything I have already mentioned is correct to my workspace on this computer. But interestingly the isuue of time frames on the charts are not restricted to day and week charts. The problem that occurs is that the effected chart interval will change if there is a longer chart interval in the workspace. It occurs for example if you have two charts in your workspace and one is set at 60 minutes and the highlighted chart is set at anything faster (say 30mins). The highlighted chart will always change to the higher chart setting in the workspace.

Comment

Originally posted by eckel
                Jay, I have another problem with the quote sheet. YM Z7 (Dow e-mini) is not printing price correctly pre-open. The problem is solved with YM #F (continuous), but I prefer the current contract. Same with INTC. Any reason? Thanks.
                When you are saying the term "printing" are you referring to a chart, quote sheet or time & sales window? Sounds like this may relate to the Cleardown feature. When you next see this problem, try going to View --> Preferences and the Cleardown tab, and then select "never clear fields".
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

I am referring to the quote sheet. For instance, INTC was quoted $4.12 a mintue ago, because I have it just after $tnx wich is 4,12. Very strange. It eventually rectifies, but it's a little annoying. Also, YM Z7 is off at times, and you get a flashing of different quotes. I have a screenshot in wmv format, if you want. Let me know how to upload.
                  Last edited by eckel; 12-07-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Third time unlucky - quote sheet problems

Here is a new one. This happened while scrolling through my quote sheet and selecting and bringing up charts.

Maybe this will help find the symbol changing bug.

I selected a stock SGF-tc brought up two charts (one day chart and one faster interval chart).
                    I then scrolled down the quote sheet and selected another symbol and brought up that chart.
                    I then scrolled back to the SGF-tc symbol and brought up that chart again.
                    Then scrolled to another symbol and brought up its charts.
                    I then scrolled back to the SGF-tc symbol (third time) and the charts would not load. Plus on top of that the expressions toolbar was now showing for the SGF-tc symbol..........INDEX:$SGF-TC

hope this helps you figure out the symbol changing problems.

Comment

Also noticing today that qcharts 6 is using very little memory in comparison to the days previousl.
                      Something changed?

Comment

Why can't we get high/lows in the quote sheet for $TICK, $ADD etc...?

Comment

disapearing symbol off the quote sheet

With refrence to SGF-tc earlier today. I closed Qchart 6 for awhile. When I reopened it, SGF-tc was no longer on the quote sheet, even though it has been there "saved" for weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by eckel
                            I am referring to the quote sheet. For instance, INTC was quoted $4.12 a mintue ago, because I have it just after $tnx wich is 4,12. Very strange. It eventually rectifies, but it's a little annoying. Also, YM Z7 is off at times, and you get a flashing of different quotes. I have a screenshot in wmv format, if you want. Let me know how to upload.
                            Hi Eckel,

You can upload a wmv to the File Sharing section of eSignal Central. You'll need to create a group for yourself first, but it will provide a small amount of space to upload files... you can then link to them within the forum as needed.

As an FYI, we are aware of this issue and how it can occur sporadically on some users systems.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay. No need if it is a known issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X