QFAI Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QFAI Problem

When starting QFAI v2005.03.23.0, I got an error stating: "A format error was found in the downloaded file - aborting" and it was titled CorpActsData.CRC Format Check. I tried refreshing the file (Refresh UNF from Web) and it continues to show the error message.

Even if I try to click on through and run QC 5.1, it displays more error messages and tells me to reinstall QCharts.

Is there a fix coming for this or is it on my end? Sorry to bother you guys, I know it is a volunteer effort keeping QFAI data up to date... I thank you guys for that!

T

T,

Click this link, choose Open, and install this updated version into your existing install of QFAI. Hopefully that will do the trick.

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry, I did as you suggested. Now I have a different problem...

How long should it display QFAI Refresh Server List & IP Addresses window? (There is nothing in the window at all, just a gray empty box) It is hanging there for a long time... (2 minutes so far). If I try to close the window, XP shows the "not responding" box.

I closed the non-responding program and the normal QFeed App Selector window comes up (V2007.10.09.2) and still displays the format error yellow box...

Thoughts?

T

Comment

Larry,

I cleared out my old QFAI folder and reinstalled into a fresh clean folder.

Will post outcome here.

Thanks again,
        T

Outcome: Still hanging up on the "QFAI Refresh Server List & IP Addresses" window...

Any help is much appreciated!
        Last edited by tradertom; 12-04-2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

T,

Does the file Servers.txt have the new Miami names? They changed awhile back. Look close, they are similar. If the Servers.txt file is not like this partial paste, then for some reason you're picking up old stuff. Maybe a complete delete of the QFAI folder completely needs to be done before a new install.

cc-10.sc8.finance.lycos.com:23100
          cc-11.sc8.finance.lycos.com:23100
          cc-01.mia.finance.lycos.com:23100
          cc-02.mia.finance.lycos.com:23100
          cc-03.mia.finance.lycos.com:23100
          cc-04.mia.finance.lycos.com:23100

LAM

Comment

I remember when they changed and updated the old file accordingly so that wasn't the problem.

Apparently some XP service was holding the handles of two files open (Server.txt being one of them). As such, QFAI couldn't rewrite or rename those files and it was just hanging there. I didn't really care to dig deeper to find out what service it was; I just wanted to get on with it...so... I rebooted and now everything works as it did.

I suspect that was also the culprit for my initial problem because it just appeared this evening. I don't reboot this computer very often and XP tends to get clogged up after a time.

In any case, thanks again! You are a great resource and fine gentleman!

Kind Regards,
            T

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the Thanks. Appreciate. Glad yer back on the air. And of course, reboot was gonna be the next suggestion. <grin and hehe>

I've taken to rebooting my XP Pro daily. Yes indeedy it can get gummy over time. I've seen Explorer hang onto objects and build and build and build in resources it's hanging on to when the associated apps have been long ago terminated.

Good Tradin' to you,

LAM

Comment

Working...
              X