Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I keep getting "Your symbol count exceeds that authorised by your password"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I keep getting "Your symbol count exceeds that authorised by your password"

I keep getting "Your symbol count exceeds that authorised by your password. Please limit symbols accordingly ........."

I can see on the status bar I am using 124 Symbols out of 500 Max.

Any idea how to correct this problem as this pop up box is getting annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pal

That's happened to me a couple of times. I just reset the
    symbol data base and reboot the program. It's fine after that.

'Tail.

Comment

Thats Hardtail.

I will keep an eye on it to see if it happens on Monday too and report back here.

Regards,

Pal

Comment

Help! I keep getting "Your symbol count exceeds that authorised by your password"

Using QCharts 6.0.1.2 with 324 symbols in a workspace. When I start reviewing options it doesn't take long for the notice about exceeding my subscription level appears. It won't go away until I close the application and reopen it.

Comment

Jay,

Like hotlists, would it be possible to exclude option chains from the Symbol Count? I find this too restrictive, especially since Options cannot be charted intraday (which I HOPE will change soon!) I know I can limit the number of options I want to view, but this requirement/limitation is yet again another step backwards for QC5 users.

Considering all of the limitations of QC6, is there any chance of keeping QC5 alive until Q6 is truly ready for prime time? CPU issues, lines not migrating, no intraday options charts, no intraday stock charts prior to 6 months ago, and other problems significantly limit what QC users are accustomed to. The data improvements cannot make up for these limitations for many users.

Question for everyone: Would anyone really want to rely on QC6 for their trading at this point? (My answer: no.)

T

Comment

Well it has been happening to me all morning again and for me it has nothing to do with hotlists or options for me as I have clearly written on the status bar that I am using 135 Symbols out of 500 Max.

Please JayF or anyone else, can you look into this "new" problem thats just started.

Many thanks.

K

Comment

Just wondering if you've tried resetting your symbol count data base in the Data Manager? After doing that once, the symbol counts remain steady.

'Tail.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtaill
                Just wondering if you've tried resetting your symbol count data base in the Data Manager? After doing that once, the symbol counts remain steady.

'Tail.
                Hi thanks for that. Tried that to no avail.

This symbol count thing has driven me mad today constantly. Yet I am using 124 Syms / 500 Max.

Please, please does any Techie know what I can do. Its obvious I do not need to upgrade like it says. Its also obvious its a glitch of some sort.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pal

Comment

Pal,

Certainly sounds like odd behavior. Can you provide more information about the types of windows you are using, and how you are using them?

Also, do you have any 3rd party financial software running that pulls data from the Data Manager that may be unknowingly adding to the symbol count?

When you next receive the error message, can you open the eSignal Data Manager, click on Data and then Symbols, and look at the list of symbols that its tracking. Are there any symbols in there that you don't have in your workspace?
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by tradertom
                    Jay,

Like hotlists, would it be possible to exclude option chains from the Symbol Count?

Considering all of the limitations of QC6, is there any chance of keeping QC5 alive until Q6 is truly ready for prime time? ...
                    No way to exclude option chains in QCharts currently as each option is pulling dynamic, real-time data from the servers. In eSignal (the software), the Option Window can be put into Snapshot mode, which gives a one-time population of real-time data and shuts off the automatic pricing updates. This also makes it so those symbols don't count against the symbol count.

Regarding your second question, our goal is to keep the Continuum network running until QCharts 6.x is a strong candidate for replacing 5.1. This means we'll try to get every feature and field over into the 6 series and get performance up to snuff prior to sunsetting the legacy QCharts versions (5.1 and older.)
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the answers, Jay. I appreciate the work you guys are putting in to get this done.

Will we see intraday options charts in QC 6? If so, do you anticipate it being in 6.1?

Thanks again,
                      T

Comment

Hi Tom,

We don't anticipate that intraday option charts will be available in time for QCharts 6.1. There is plans to do this in the future, but it is behind other items on the list at this point.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                          Pal,

Certainly sounds like odd behavior. Can you provide more information about the types of windows you are using, and how you are using them?

Also, do you have any 3rd party financial software running that pulls data from the Data Manager that may be unknowingly adding to the symbol count?

When you next receive the error message, can you open the eSignal Data Manager, click on Data and then Symbols, and look at the list of symbols that its tracking. Are there any symbols in there that you don't have in your workspace?
                          Its quite a big workspace Jay, about 60 charts or so with timeframes from 3 mins up to daily on some.

I do use Qlink but its only at the end of the day and only provides ES, vix and Trin and tick data into excel EOD.

Ok just opened Datamanager - SYMBOLS and see loads that I have no idea what they are ie. loads of BLKVAL's, BLK VOLS,

I see that these maybe from the breathalyser windows?

However today in the status window I am usuing just 72 Symbols out of 500 max. Is that incorrect then?

However why is it intermittent then, only happens some days and not others. Its just happened just now and has not happened all day and sometimes does away by itself also?

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I would love to get to the bottom of this problem.

Regards,

Pal
                          Last edited by khalsa; 12-13-2007, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X