6.0 design strategy flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.0 design strategy flaw

The load size of 6.0 is 12 meg. It then populates lists and sheets to rise to 36 meg. I have about 120 stocks on 6 quote sheets, 6 charts. If I leave the interface alone the process gradually rises to about 50 meg. If I click on any of the list stocks to see its chart, the process increase is about 4 meg/stock. This quantity persists. It isn't destructed when changing to another stock in that window. It's retained to be used since the design strategy uses local task ram to store its persistent objects rather make a call to the server for a data refresh.

When Jay says they are looking into this problem, what are they looking at? Nada, because there's no solution given this overall strategy.

I have lots of alternative strategies, some of which don't step on those who are quaintly deluded by their pet absurd beliefs about silly user functions as has been exposed on other threads where I have discussed the problem. My strategies also address the turf needed to be defended by various interested parties.

The lack of complaints is totally mysterious since a memory leak design flaw is guaranteed to destroy the program. Well, it isn't exactly a memory leak, but it acts in a similar way in that its bag of junk grows until the the process slows to a crawl. You have to clear the bag by closing the program. Is that what you guys are doing? No complaints = close and restart.
    Last edited by ahhaha; 12-17-2007, 12:00 PM.

It runs just fine on both of my computers.

'Tail.

Comment

Working...
    X