[Merged] NDX.X changed to NDXX - QCharts Version 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Merged] NDX.X changed to NDXX - QCharts Version 5

I have not been able to get NDX.X to update all day today (December 17). Has something changed?? Is anyone able to get current prices on NDX.X on QC 5.1?

Thanks

I just took a look and I'm painting candles for NDX.X through Friday, 12/14/07 - looks like it closed at 2072.54. Not seeing anything for today.

fyi,
    Carol
    Last edited by ckelly; 12-17-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

NDX.X

Thanks Carol

That is what I am seeing as a price, but that is Friday's Close.

I have no Candles for December 17th.

The price in my Basket has been at 2072.11 all day. Currently on my trading platform I get a price of 2027.97.

I have restarted QC, but have not been able to get NDX.X to update or paing candles for today.

Ken

Comment

Ndx.x

QCharts system status provided the following alert

"12/17/2007 - $ndx.x has changed to $ndxx. To manually merge the data for a chart, you can enter the symbol as $:ndx.x | $:ndxx, where <shift>+\ gives you the | symbol."

I have tried to enter this but the recommended fix does not work for me. Has anyone been able to successfully implement this?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Hey Jim,

That status message has stuck a $ on QCharts V5 syms.
          Try...

NDXX | NDX.X

That gives me stitched/merged Intraday data OK. But the Daily Chart is giving either no Daily bar or a whack 12/17 Daily in the 789 range. ?? on whazzup with that. fwiw I get the same results by formally entering a merge statement in the CompSyms.ZNF, so I won't bother to post that statement.

There is no change in QCharts 6.0.
          It's still $NDX

LAM

Comment

Ndx.x

Thanks Larry. That get's me a display with the whacky spike on the daily. Oddly, this does not hold. That is, if I move off of that symbol and back onto it all I get is the new data from today and I have to redit the symbol. I can muddle through with this until the data is merged on the back end.

Appreciate the reply

Jim

Comment

hmmm,

I can move off and come back OK.
              If you're putting the expression in a quotesheet, be sure and enclose in parens. (NDXX | NDX.X)
              If you have typed the expression into the Symbol box, clickin' the concatenated sym in the Symbox box pulldown should work.

LAM

Comment

Ndx.x

That did the trick. Thanks again Larry

Jim

Comment

My lines, e.g. for trends, support, etc, did not carry over. Should I expect this, or is there something else I need to do to carry them over?

Thanks,
                  J
                  Never let a wishbone grow where your backbone should be. C. Paddleford

Comment

Looks like the Daily bar is OK now for NDXX.
                    And a new merge file (CompSyms2.INF) has hit the servers, so the (ndxx | ndx.x) expression isn't needed.

In addition ther are two other Indexes that have symbol changes.
                    QCX.X is now QCXX
                    VDX.X is now VDXX

LAM

Comment

NDX.X

Thank you for the reply and the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by jhw3
                        My lines, e.g. for trends, support, etc, did not carry over. Should I expect this, or is there something else I need to do to carry them over?

Thanks,
                        J
                        Here's what Jay has to say regarding Lines not being picked up in 6.0 for Index syms.

LAM

Comment

Did something change again? I have nothing after 12/14 for NDX. This was working fine on Friday afternoon.

Jim

Comment

Jim,

This apprears to be a Miami Farm issue. Seems to be OK on the Santa Clara Farm. The NDXX data is just flat out missing on the Miami's, and we're seeing on Miami only the data from symbol NDX.X, courtesy of the merge statement added to CompSyms2 last week.

The odds...imho...are low methinks regarding a fix, what with Christmas this week and the planned death of the Miami farm this week.

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry. I guess that's my cue to move over to the Santa Clara servers in QFAI.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X