QFAI - Update for Hayward and Miami Farms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QFAI - Update for Hayward and Miami Farms

As Y'all may have noticed, the Miami farm is now off-line, and will not accept client login.

The Santa Clara farm remains as is.
    A new farm of 16 Continuum/QFeed servers has been created in Hayward, CA.

The QFAI file that's the source of the Pinger and QuickSelect server list has been updated.
    The Miami machines removed, and the Hayward machines added.

To pick up the new file in QFAI, do...
    Toolbar Setup>Refresh IP addresses.

There will be an operational difference in QFAI with this new server list.
    The Hayward machines are not configured to be Ping-able.
    Therefore in the Ping&Select display, the Hayward machines will all show with the Red-X Ping error.
    But they are selectable and connectable just like the Santa Clara machines.
    The QuickSelect display is operationally the same, with the new machine names being evident.

For those of you that have configured for "UDP" with QCharts to obtain values in the Ping column of the ctrl-alt-N Router List, the Ping column will show 0 or 65,535 for the Hayward machines since they are not pingable. This does not mean they are not connectable. The usual double-click to switch servers for the Hayward machines works as usual.

[Edit addition]
    The reverse DNS mapping has not been completed as yet by Quote.com for the Hayward machines.
    Rather than the "cc01-hwd.quote.com" that you see in QFAI, you will see "ip226-187.esignal.com:23100" in your QCharts status bar and the ctrl-alt-n Router list will be "IP 216.23.226.187:23100 Server ip226-187.esignal.com:23100".
    And so forth for the other Hayward machines.

LAM

Don't miss the really important part of Larry's post:

You must modify QFAI to delete Miami Servers and add the new Hayward Servers

To pick up the new file in QFAI, do...
    Toolbar Setup>Refresh IP addresses.
    Last edited by bobscott; 01-02-2008, 05:26 AM.

Comment

There will be an operational difference in QFAI with this new server list.
      The Hayward machines are not configured to be Ping-able.
      Therefore in the Ping&Select display, the Hayward machines will all show with the Red-X Ping error. ~LAM
      The PTB's agreed to open the Hayward farm up for Ping response. So y'all will now see them pinging OK in the Ping&Select pinger (Dynastore's QFeed Server Selector).

The word I get is that they will also be configuring for UDP, but this hasn't happened as yet. So the Ping column in ctrl-a-N is still showing 0 (or 65535 for non-QFAI users) as I type for the Hayward machines.

Regarding reverse DNS that needs to be done, as I type I see in the ctrl-alt-N display that only one has processed so far...
      IP 216.23.226.187 is now mapping to DNS Name cc01-hwd.quote.com.
      The other's (IP's 216.23.226.188 thru 216.23.236.212) will hopefully process soon.

To be continued......

LAM

Comment

I am having trouble getting logged onto the new servers. The Hayward servers have slightly better ping times for me, but most of the time when I select them, QC never really opens. After entering login info, it hangs. After a few mins, it asks me again for my username and password.

I have been closing it down and selecting the SC servers when this happens but I would like to use the new ones if possible. Is anyone else having this problem with the new servers?

Jay if you are reading this, is this a common problem?

Thanks,
        T

Comment

Tom,

I was having some trouble yesterday. I think this may be a DNS migration issue. What I suggest is to logon to a Santa Clara server and do a CNTL-ALT-N to switch to a Hayward server after you are logged on.

~Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob... d'oh! I should have thought of that!

Thanks,
            T

Comment

Working...
            X