Market Depth Not Working in QC 6.0.1.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Depth Not Working in QC 6.0.1.21

The market depth feature does not appear to be working in the latest QC6 release. The level II feature in QC5 works just fine with my account. This appears to be exactly the same functionality with different names between the two versions of QCharts.

In QC6 the bottom, right hand status bar shows all green except the field labeled "Mkt Dpth." When I log in to QC6, the "Mkt Dpth" indicator stays red.

Can anyone tell me what is happening here? Did we lose level II info. with the upgrade to QC6. Thanks, in advance, for any answers you all can provide.

Dcash,
    Thank you for the post, in QC5.1 there were no entitlement required to get some regional data for the level 2. In QC6 this free data was removed. You would need to subscribe to Market Depth or NASDAQ Level 2 to continue seeing this data.

If you wish to add the NASDAQ Level 2 entitlement to you account you can do so by going to Account Maintenance enter you username and password for QCharts and add the service.

If you're already a subscriber of the NASDAQ Level 2 data but are not getting any data please PM your username to me and we can check to see if there is a problem between the two version.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the answer to my question.

So, from what I gather so far, QC6 consumes vast quantities of CPU compared to QC5, has less historical data than QC5, and if I want to continue to get the same market depth data I got with QC5, I have to spend an additional $29 per month.

I don't know who does the marketing for eSignal/Qcharts, but it seems counterintuitive to consider QC6 much of an improvement, data quality notwithstanding. IMHO, if QC5 is discontinued before issues like these are fully resolved, I foresee a lot of loyal QCharts customers looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee
        in QC5.1 there were no entitlement required to get some regional data for the level 2. In QC6 this free data was removed. You would need to subscribe to Market Depth or NASDAQ Level 2 to continue seeing this data.
        Am I misunderstanding this? This says data that was free has been removed and now there's a charge. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee
          Dcash,
          in QC5.1 there were no entitlement required to get some regional data for the level 2. In QC6 this free data was removed. You would need to subscribe to Market Depth or NASDAQ Level 2 to continue seeing this data. AveryH
          Avery,

Somehow this just ain't addin' up fer me.
          I don't subscribe to Level-II in QCharts..yet I can get a "REGIONAL" running 5.1.
          I don't subscribe to Level-II in eSignal...yet I can get a "REGIONAL" running eSignal.
          Doesn't seem right that I can't get a "REGIONAL" in QCharts running 6.0.

Comments?

LAM
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X