Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qcltool: migrating lines/notes to new $ symbols

Hi all.
    I've written a library to read/write QCL files (Chart Layout format). It's still very early in its development, but is already quite useful.

I've put source code at the following locations:
    Zip File MD5: a6cf63167cf9380dc6e0b232dc99f6b3
    TGZ File MD5: 3f550aa911ca3e658028b0f9a2104168

The only thing I know of right now that it won't parse are retracements (and other complex lines), but I haven't thrown a lot of stuff at it. I have verified that simple lines (e.g. extended, ray) and notes work.

Included is also a tool for replacing symbols in a QCL file, for instance migrating INDU to $INDU. A README file is included in the documentation that describes it in more detail.

I'd love to receive feedback. I'm currently planning to add features to add, remove, and merge lines between QCL files.

Hey Nall,

Any chance you could compile a WindowsXP executable? I don't have a linux compiler (anymore) and I could really use this utility!!

I really appreciate your efforts in putting this together! It looks like an excellent tool for us migrators.

Thanks so much!
    T

Comment

I've updated the two files to contain bin/qcltool.exe.

TGZ MD5: 63c00c528082e98e5c286ae3718eeb68
      Zip MD5: 04b04a52d7d61bcef981f8cf48ef2ee3

Comment

Hey Nall,

I PM'ed you a runtime error I got with the exe. Thanks for your work on this!

Thanks,
        T

Comment

Fixed, and new versions are available at the link below. Also, it no longer chokes on non-basic line types.

http://themountaingoats.net/nall/qcharts/

Thanks for any input.
          nall.

Comment

Nall,

Thanks for writing such a utility!

I tried it out. By bad luck, I've run the same workspace in both QCharts 5 and QCharts 6 already, and have apparently inserted some lines and notes for the new symbol already in there. When I ran the utility I got this:

Version 0.2 (c) Jon Nall 2008
            WARNING: Changing INDEX:COMPX to INDEX:$COMPQ, but an entry already exists for INDEX:$COMPQ in Pane 0
            Skipping until merge support in added.
            WARNING: Changing INDEX:INDU to INDEX:$INDU, but an entry already exists for INDEX:$INDU in Pane 0
            WARNING: Changing INDEX:OEX to INDEX:$OEX, but an entry already exists for INDEX:$OEX in Pane 0
            Replaced INDEX:INX with INDEX:$SPX in Pane 0
            Replaced INDEX:INX with INDEX:$SPX in Pane 1
            Replaced INDEX:INX with INDEX:$SPX in Pane 3
            Exit status: OK

Is there any way I can clean the notes and lines so that there isn't a conflict? (I've noticed a way to clean out the lines by right click -> "Lines" -> "Edit Lines"; but apparently there is other stuff for that same symbol in there someplace.)

Is there any plans to have merge support?

BTW, I really appreciate your efforts to provide such a utility free, and I fully understand if you don't plan on tackling the merge support.

Comment

Does anyone know if or where the qcltool tool is available. I've tried all the posted links but only get an error 404.

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Just a quick FYI, that QCharts 6.0.3 will automatically transfer lines from 5.x drawn on indices that have a similar root symbol. For example, it will move lines from INDEX:INDU to INDEX:$INDU and from INDEX:TYX to INDEX:$TYX.

It will not at this time transfer from INDEX:INX to INDEX:$SPX. It is however a reasonable step in the right direction, and should save a lot of work for frequent users of the line tools.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Here's a new version of the tool. It works on QCW files now instead of just QCL files.

It works fine for me. Your mileage may vary.

QCWTool MD5: 633dd6a5a84192b6e62be701e7392009

Comment

Sent you a QCWTool PM

Nall,

I just sent you a PM with a couple questions about the new version of the tool. Thanks for your attention.

Roy

Comment

Nall,

I don't suppose that you would be willing to divulge the format of the QCL file. I would like to work on a utility that would merge two qcl files. I have notes and lines spread between two workspaces and would like to combine them.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X