Q charts 6 symbols and futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q charts 6 symbols and futures

Is there a location where users can view all available symbols? I'm close to getting all the one's I need, but indexes especially are tricky.

Also, I'm a bit confused on the futures symbols and what they mean etc.

What I'm using for futures symbols now is DJ Z8, NZ Z8, and ES Z8. Those give me futures charts and data. However, after hours the Dow (DJ Z8) futures show nothing. Hmmm.

SO, what are the emini's. I dont' get it. For instance, what is ES #F, Emini s and p futures? What is the difference. Is there a location to view all of this, the translations etc?

Thanks
    Matthew

Re: Q charts 6 symbols and futures

Matthew

Is there a location where users can view all available symbols? I'm close to getting all the one's I need, but indexes especially are tricky.
    In QCharts 6.x select Help-> Symbol Directory and it will take you to the main page of the eSignal Symbol Directory.

However, after hours the Dow (DJ Z8) futures show nothing. Hmmm
    That is because the CBOT uses different symbols for the open auction and electronic (ie overnight) sessions of the Dow Jones ($10) contract. These are DJ and ZD
    eSignal also provides composite symbols for those futures that trade under multiple symbols. For the Dow Jones contract this symbol is QDJ however from what I am seeing QCharts 6.x does not appear to include the overnight session at this time

For instance, what is ES #F, Emini s and p futures?
    The #F month/year code designates the continuous contracts so ES #F is the continuous contract for the emini S&P500
    Alex

Originally posted by matthewjhhorner

Also, I'm a bit confused on the futures symbols and what they mean etc.

What I'm using for futures symbols now is DJ Z8, NZ Z8, and ES Z8. Those give me futures charts and data. However, after hours the Dow (DJ Z8) futures show nothing. Hmmm.

SO, what are the emini's. I dont' get it. For instance, what is ES #F, Emini s and p futures? What is the difference. Is there a location to view all of this, the translations etc?

Thanks
    Matthew

Comment

Thanks.
      Did you mean help-view program directory?
      I don't see "symbols directory under help in my qcharts 6.

Comment

Matthew
        I am not sure as to why you are not seeing that menu item (you may want to contact QCharts support for that).
        Regardless you can access that page by clicking here
        Alex

Thanks.
        Did you mean help-view program directory?
        I don't see "symbols directory under help in my qcharts 6.

Comment

Thank you alex.

Also, my futures are not moving this morning. I think I am using the wrong format.
          The DJ Z8 and the NQ Z8 have been stuck at -206 and -35.5 respectively.

Comment

Matthew
            You are most welcome.
            With regards to DJ Z8 and NQ Z8 those contracts are barely trading at this time as far as I can see.
            Unless you have a specific reason to track those forward contracts you may want to use the front month contract ie DJ H8 and NQ H8
            Alex

Thank you alex.

Also, my futures are not moving this morning. I think I am using the wrong format.
            The DJ Z8 and the NQ Z8 have been stuck at -206 and -35.5 respectively.

Comment

Q charts 6 symbols and futures

DJ H8 has stopped displaying in QC6. ND H8 and SP H8 working fine.

DJ08H working fine in 5.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Re: Q charts 6 symbols and futures

I have experienced the same thing yesterday and so far today.

Originally posted by JimRutherford
                DJ H8 has stopped displaying in QC6. ND H8 and SP H8 working fine.

DJ08H working fine in 5.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Regarding the DJ futures no longer populating in QC6.0 -

Refer to Scott Johnson's e-mail of 1/9/08, "CBOT Retiring Non-billable CBTE Package Effective Immediately."

As I read his e-mail, if you want CBOT Level 1 (real-time), now you'll pay $60/month. If you want Delayed US Futures/Options, you can get it for "US$5.00 per access device / month (delayed)."

Hope this helps.
                  Carol

Comment

Here's the link to the announcement. Keep in mind that this was a change made by the exchange and not by individual data vendors.

Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                    X