Charts are not Showing Split Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charts are not Showing Split Dates

My charts on Q 6 are not showing the spit dates. They used to be there. Is there a setting for this?
    Thanks,
    Matthew

Matthew,

There are not many splits right now but take a look at AMEX:GHM and NASDAQ:GLBZ. If you see something that was missed please be more specific.

~Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,
      I put in both those symbols...didn't see any split indication on either one of those.

I'm used to the vertical line and the date and the split description.

Comment

Matthew,

The following is what you should be seeing. If you are not seeing this try switching servers.

~Bob
        Attached Files

Comment

Nope, not seeing that, but that is what I'm used to.

I'm not familiar with switching servers with Q6, would you mind running through it?
          Matthew

Comment

QC6 is just like QC5 - Press and Hold CNTL & ALT and then Press "N". Select a server from those displayed and if the logon is slow enough, you should see the server in the lower left of the screen. cc-11.sc8.finance.lycos.com times out for me so you can see it. I see the split when cc-06.sc8.finance.com is selected.

~Bob
            Attached Files

Comment

Did that (thanks) no change. I simply do not see any split indication. I'm going to try to log off, and restart and see if that does it.
              M

Comment

I closed it and re-opened and logged in.

No split indicator this time either.

I'll check again in the morning.

Comment

Splits on QC 6

For what it is worth, I am seeing splits on my QCharts 6. Didn't do anything special, they are just there.

Comment

matthew,

What OS are you using? From our testing on Vista, the UAC (User Account Control) feature can interfere with the .inf files being applied correctly to QCharts. This can affect splits, holidays, and other areas of the product.

If you are on Vista, you'll need to run QCharts in XP compatability mode and also as an administrator. You can do this by clicking on Help --> View QCharts Directory from within the QCharts menu, and then find the QCharts.exe file. Right-click on it, choose Properties, and then the Compatability tab. Just select the items as shown below, click on OK, and then restart QCharts. You should see splits after that.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

JayF-

That did it! Bingo.
                      Much appreciation.
                      Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                        matthew,

What OS are you using? From our testing on Vista, the UAC (User Account Control) feature can interfere with the .inf files being applied correctly to QCharts. This can affect splits, holidays, and other areas of the product.

If you are on Vista, you'll need to
                        Hey Jay,
                        I don't have this problem, but this is good stuff! Is there a chance that tidbits like this are being collected for an FAQ or something similar? Would be a great help for oddities like this that most of us might not know to do (and could save you time from having to answer ).

Comment

rigeco,

We do try to store this info in our KnowledgeBase as they are written up. This one was added to the KB yesterday, shortly after putting it together on the forums.

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...icle=3742&p=25
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Just a FYI on my experience running Vista x64 (64-bit) with SP1.

Had to go to 6.0.1.11 to get acceptable performance with 5 charts, 200 symbols, and 3 studies in OFF market hours (don't use during market hours).

I run Vista as default (which is more secure) with UAC turned on and running in "normal user mode".

A regular user doesn't have write/modify permissions to c:\program files\qcharts (or c:\program files (x86)\Qcharts for you x64'ers). Unless you turn off UAC (which allows you to run as administrator always you'll have issues writing .inf files, etc. which is how I first noticed this issue of "no splits".

Another way to fix this (my preferable way) is to leave UAC turned on, and just give "users" "full control" permissions to the Qcharts folder (which will trickle down and give read/write permissions to all necessary files in there). Just right click the Qcharts folder in Program Files, click Properties, click Security, click Edit, and select "users" and click "Full control" and save.

On next restart of qcharts, corpacts.inf and all other .inf files downloaded properly.

Another indicator of this "permissions issue" is when starting qcharts on vista you'll get (every time) a warning to restart qcharts because of some change with markets, bla bla. In addition you won't see any inf files downloading in the usual synchronizing continuum files window. And lastly when closing qcharts it may close the window but run qcharts.exe in the background at 100% (I guess it's trying to write something and failing at it... but keeps trying).

but once I gave write permissions (or I imagine turning off UAC as esig says to) all works as expected.

So far haven't had to run in XP compatibility mode.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                            X