wrong session hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong session hours

Why the day session hours for cbot bond futures(ZB, ZN, ZF) is changed today? Please change it back ASAP. Look at cbot site, they haven't announced any change yet.
    http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/page/0,...html:confused:

<post deleted>
    Brain dead this a.m.
    Can't tell the difference twix a bond and an equity.

LAM

Comment

Perhaps you're seeing the early close today due to the Holiday on Monday. Check out the hours for Tuesday. They are the regular hours.

LAM

Comment

Thanks for the reply anyway. Even for equity, the Dow future(YM) hours has been changed to 9:00 am - 4:00 pm ET, the RTH of CME equity index is 9:30 am -4:15 pm ET. How does eSignal get that time?

Comment

Hmmm....
          I see YM mapped the same as ES effective last Monday the 14th.
          9:30-16:15 for Day Session and All Sessions is 16:30-16:15

fyi, the time mappings come from a file in your QCharts directory.
          MktHours.INF.
          It's automatically downloaded from the servers whenever there is a change.

LAM

Comment

Larry could you please check what is your RTH hours for cbot bond futures (ZB, ZN, ZF)? The time stamp of my mkthours.inf is 1/17/08 3:31 pm.

Comment

Yep, that the same file time/date I see.

For ZB there is an early close today due to the Holiday on Monday.
              RTH Day session for today Friday 1/18 is...
              8:20-13:00
              This is to conform to the early Pit close (Sym CBOT:US).
              There is an All Sessions close of 14:00.

LAM

Comment

Larry, I'm wondering why time on your chart is different. Are you using 6.0.1.1? I called tech support in the morning, the time he saw is the same as mine. He said he would report the issue to product manager.

Comment

Hey zhangh,

OK. I see what's up now, having just fired up 6.0. I don't run 6.0 except for testing. I was looking at 5.1 regarding the previous posts.

With the CME-CBOT integration changes in process, the eSignal feed has changed the EXCH part of the symbol for the CBOT "electronic" symbols from CBOT to ECBT. The 5.1 continuum feed from Comstock retains the CBOT exchange identifier.

There is no mapping in the MktHours file for ECBT:YM, only for CBOT:YM. The result being a default time map of 9-16:00, which is what you are seeing. Same goes for ZB which is now ECBT.

I'll get the folks responsible aware of the situation. Hopefully a fix will be in place soon for all the CBOT "electronic" syms affected.

Thanks for the heads-up.

[Edit addition]
                  fyi, the current version is 6.0.1.2
                  It has some significant fixes.
                  www.qcharts.com

LAM

Comment

Regarding the issue in 6.0 with electronic CBOT symbols...YM/ZB/ZC etc...not charting correctly...

If anyone is interested in a fixed MktHours file now, I put one up at Fileshare as MktHours.UNF.
                    Right click THIS, selecting SaveTargetAs
                    In the SaveAs dialog navigate to your QCharts folder and drop it in.
                    Make sure it gets saved as MktHours.UNF, not MktHours.INF or any other filetype.
                    A restart of QCharts required.

QCharts will use a MktHours.UNF when present rather than the MktHours.INF

Warning about UNF files....
                    They will persist forever in your directory until manually removed by you.
                    A head's up is required to know when the system supplied INF has been updated and then delete the UNF version.
                    I'll post when that's the case as a reminder.

The fix has been forwarded to QCharts folks, but not sure when it will hit the servers.

LAM

Comment

Okeydokie, that was quick. The updated MktHours.INF file with the fixes for CBOT electronic syms is now on the servers.

So, for anyone who did the UNF download, now is the time to trash it, delete it, lose it, forget it.

LAM
                      Originally posted by Larry Marchman
                      Regarding the issue in 6.0 with electronic CBOT symbols...YM/ZB/ZC etc...not charting correctly...

If anyone is interested in a fixed MktHours file now, I put one up at Fileshare as MktHours.UNF.
                      Right click THIS, selecting SaveTargetAs
                      In the SaveAs dialog navigate to your QCharts folder and drop it in.
                      Make sure it gets saved as MktHours.UNF, not MktHours.INF or any other filetype.
                      A restart of QCharts required.

QCharts will use a MktHours.UNF when present rather than the MktHours.INF

Warning about UNF files....
                      They will persist forever in your directory until manually removed by you.
                      A head's up is required to know when the system supplied INF has been updated and then delete the UNF version.
                      I'll post when that's the case as a reminder.

The fix has been forwarded to QCharts folks, but not sure when it will hit the servers.

LAM

Comment

same error happens again

The same error happens again today. In QCharts 6.0.2, The session time of bond futures(ZB, ZN, ZF month: M8) has been changed to 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Is that because there is no mapping in the MktHours file? Please fix it asap. Thanks.

Comment

Re: same error happens again

A back level MktHours was put on the servers last weekend. I notified Ops, and a current one has now been pushed to the servers. You should be good to go now with an exit/restart of QCharts.

LAM
                          Originally posted by zhangh
                          The same error happens again today. In QCharts 6.0.2, The session time of bond futures(ZB, ZN, ZF month: M8) has been changed to 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Is that because there is no mapping in the MktHours file? Please fix it asap. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X