No CBOT Dow Futures Data in QCharts6 - QCharts5 is Fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CBOT Dow Futures Data in QCharts6 - QCharts5 is Fine

Can anyone help me out with why QCharts5 shows real time CBOT Dow futures data just fine, but when using QCharts6 it just "hangs" and never gets past a message on the quote sheet saying it is looking up the data?

Hey Dan,

The Exchange changed from CBOT: to ECBT:
    You probably have a MktHours.UNF in yer 6.0 directory that's back level.

LAM

Comment

Larry,

My QCharts6 and QCharts5 directories both contain MktHours.inf files dated 1/28/2008 @ 7:32 AM and they show exactly the same file size of 125,572 bytes. The QCharts6 directory contains a second file called MktHoursESignal.inf with a date/time of 12/15/2007 @ 11:22 PM. Its file size in 91,882 bytes. Neither of the two directories has a MktHours.unf file in it.

Comment

Okeydokie.
        Try this...
        Type YM #F into symbol box. See If that gets you a chart. The title bar should say ECBT:YM #F

It's possible the YM in the quotesheet is old. That is, it's still carrying the CBOT: exchange. If that's the case, delete(or edit) the quotesheet entry and reenter.

LAM

Comment

Larry,

When I enter YM #F in a single quote sheet in QCharts6 I get "YM #F (Looking up...)" in the Title field and "YM #F" in the Exchange field. If I use YM 8H I get the same message. In QCharts5 if I enter YM08H I immediately get the quote up and the Exchange field says "CBOT"

-Dan

Comment

Try...
            CL #F

If you get the same result, the Looking-up thingy, then you're not subscribed for "Delayed Futures".

YM recently went "delayed" in QC6, but not 5.1.

btw...
            It's YM H8, not YM 8H.

LAM

Comment

Same result obtained with CL #F. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X