Chart time scale changes in 6.0.1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart time scale changes in 6.0.1.2

I am running a workspace in 6.0.1.2 which contains a quote sheet with about 50 symbols and two charts - one a 5 minute chart with "all sessions" enabled, the other a daily chart. Both are set with the "Sym" block in green so they both track the active symbol.

I am finding that the daily chart sometimes (quite frequently) changes time frames from daily to 5 minutes when new symbols are entered on the keyboard. This seems to be a somewhat random occurrence. Clicking on a quote sheet entry seemingly doesn't cause this. Entering a symbol on the quote sheet via keyboard also does not cause the problem. When I key a symbol in, I am entering just the symbol and not the exchange prefix. Once the daily chart flips to a 5 minute chart, it stays that way until manually reset whether the next entry is from the quote sheet or keyboard. The "original" 5 minute chart never changes.

Has this previously been reported? Is there a way I can prevent this?

Thanks,
    Al

Hi Al,

Yep, the issue you are experiencing has indeed been reported, and is a common issue to many users.

I also have a brace of SYM=Green charts, and I like to type into the Expression toolbar symbol box. Here's what I do to at least somewhat mitigate the changing of intervals.

I have INTV set to RED on the charts.
    And before I start typing away into the symbol box, I take focus off of any chart. Ya know, have no chart as the active window. Clickin' on the title bar of another window type other than a chart would do the trick. Like click on a quotesheet to make it the active/in focus window.

LAM

Comment

Working...
    X