Gi8y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gi8y

From time to time GI8Y, the symbol for semiconductors, spontaneously replaces a symbol in my charts. It's not the same symbol every time, or the same quote sheet. It seems random. For example, today GI8Y is replaceing JASO. It is doing so in both quote sheets where I had JASO. The Last price changes, sometimes within seconds, from the last price of the GI8Y and the last price of JASO. But when I try to bring up the chart by clicking on the symbol, I get the chart for GI8Y.

Any help would be appreciated, as often I don't know what symbol it has replaced, though I have save an image of one critical quote sheet in order to recall the symbol.

A symbol arbitrarily replacing other symbols in either same or separate Quote Sheet is a known bug.

One thing I've been doing is adding the Symbol to a Comment column and when I see OIH multiple times in the Quote Sheet, I look over to the Comment Column to readily know what needs to be reinserted.

Not a total fix - but some help until QC figures it out.

Carol

Comment

Thanks, Carol.

Comment

The same issue taught me to export the symbols when I update a quote sheet. The comments would do just as well but I find the symbols export quicker. I haven't had a rogue symbol replacement in awhile but my exported symbols lists have saved my bacon many times.

Jim

Comment

symbol replacement

This morning one of my symbols was replaced by another in a quote sheet
          in my workspace

O:AAPL 10D230.00 which is the AAPL Apr10 230 call replaced the symbol DBD Diebold, Inc.

If I reenter DBD, I get the right price for DBD but the symbol changes to O:AAPL 10D230.00

This happens in the existing quote sheet or in a new one.

Any one else have this or a similar issue??

Both symbols are in use in my charts and quote sheets.

Apparantly somewhere the focus of
          the last entered symbol mysteriosly moves to the the previous line used in a quote sheet.

Has there been
          any progress in resolving this issue?

Les

Comment

Working...
          X