symbol bleed in quote sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• symbol bleed in quote sheets

One issue in 6.0 is still present in the latest fix and that is the symbol bleed in quote sheets. Any remedy in sight?

Symbol "Bleed"

Hi There,

Thanks for your forum post.

Could you please provide some more information to help us understand your report.

Can you please advise what you mean by the quote "Bleeds"?

Kind Regards,

Comment

This is an ongoing issue where you have a symbol below another that shows an identical quote.

Comment

A fix for this problem may be found via the CPU control panel in QCharts.

From Tools, click on CPU control panel.

The last option relates to Quote Sheet Redraws. If you set the number to 0.0 sec. and click OK. It should prevent this type of bug.

Comment

I tried it now for a few weeks, but it is still a problem. Very annoying.

Comment

eckel,

I've added that to the [rul=http://forum.esignalcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=113612#post113612]known issues list[/url] and have re-opened our internal records of that problem to continue the investigation further.

Did you have any additional details on when you see this problem (i.e. opening a Quote Sheet after a workspace has loaded, using a Hot List, opening a workspace, etc.) and how you are working around it? (restarting QCharts, removing the symbol, etc.)
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Thanks. Yes it is still a problem. I do not use Hot lists, pretty much stick to one workspace that has two quote sheets running and three charts. My top three symbols on the first quote sheet are ES, NQ and AB, and the lines often duplicate between NQ and AB. I also have VIX and VXN under each other, and VXN is stuck at VIX quotes.

Comment

Jay,

I use Vista and have tried something which seems to have handled a few problems (for now), including stuck CPU at 100% and symbol "bleed". Like many others, I set up 6.0 to run in compatibility mode with XP and run as administrator. I unchecked both those items, running 6.0 as if it was Vista compatible. So far, it seems to have fixed these main issues. I will let you know if it was a false alarm. But I can say to other Vista users to not bother running 6.0 in compatibilty mode, it is unnecessary and seems to create more problems on top of it.

Comment

No, false alarm, still some symbols duplicating in the quote sheet. But it seems to have solved the stuck CPU problem fornow. we will see.

Comment

Well that was another false alarm. Still getting stuck CPU at 100%, even with the changes mentioned below. Back to using 5.1 for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X