Qcharts and Win XP64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qcharts and Win XP64

Does anybody have experience with Qcharts and WinXP 64?

I'm thinking about upgrading to XP 64 and I'd like to hear if anybody has had any problems.

Thanks!

Jim
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Hi Jim,
    I've used XP 64bit Edition for the Rockets I've built. It works fine. You'll need a 64bit AntiVirus (I've used Avast!) and you'll need a 64bit printer driver (there are some ways around this - maybe) - but it's best if the printer that you want to use actually has a 64bit driver.

On my 64bit "Rockets" - they've always been primarily a QCharts trading computer and everything else was secondary. I know a lot of "normal" software (MS Office, Photoshop, etc) runs fine on it - but I don't know about specialized or "not normal" software - if there are any compatibility issues. If you have suspect software, check with the mfr. to see if it is 64bit OK.

I built on the 64bit platform because it is faster. 64bit Internet Explorer rocks - but there are some issues with QuickTime and Flash.

Hope that helps.
    -Bill

Comment

Thanks, Bill. That's what I wanted to know.

Jim
      When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
      -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
      X