Today's bar on daily charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's bar on daily charts

Looking at daily charts right now, I am seeing a bar for today (4/28) with the same Open/High/Low/Close as last Friday appearing on the bar and in the chart data window. If there has been any premarket trading, the volume shows as today's actual volume. If not, it is the same as Friday's volume. This really distorts the charts. I noticed this when I was scanning my watch list and began seeing lots of "tweezer bottoms" thinking I was looking at the last two trading days (Thursday, Friday) before I checked the dates.

Hi altrades,

This duplicate bar thing has been reported a number of times but it is important that it continue to be raised. It is particularly frustrating on Sunday evenings when you also get a duplicate weekly bar! It throws off the indicators and requires you to scroll back one candle to see the real picture. I hope this can be fixed in the next release.

Check out the known issues list here. I don't see the duplicate candle listed listed as a known issue (maybe somehow it is included in another topic)... Jay, can you please add this to the known issues list? It is a problem on Daily and Weekly charts. I have not seen it on intraday charts.

Thanks,
    T

Comment

Tom / altrades,

Can you try enabling Cleardowns in the View --> Preferences dialog? We originally saw this problem in early 6.0 testing, and created the Cleardowns to solve that and other requests to clear out the Quote Sheets as Continuum did. Unfortunately, there were a small handful of issues that the cleardowns introduced and we received a number of complaints about it, so in 6.0.2 we decided to default cleardowns off.

Turning those on should solve the issue you describe, however there still should be an ultimate solution here even when cleardowns are turned off.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay,

Thanks for adding it to the list. As I recall, it was also a problem in 5.1 as far back as I can recall.

I will enable the cleardown setting and let you know on Monday (it seems particularly obvious on Sunday nights when the Weekly shows the duplicate bar.) Is there a particular time setting I should consider in this test? I prefer no cleardown since I often view charts late at night/early morning. I was thinking 3am for the cleardown.

Thanks,
        Tom

Comment

Hi Jay,

I posted some responses to the duplicate candle problem in the QCharts Beta forum but I wanted to update my result here. When I had cleardown turned on, I got duplicate candles this morning premarket (Monday 9am or so). I turned off cleardowns (set it to never clear down), restarted QC and DM and no more duplicates.

There is obviously a relationship between Cleardown and duplicate candles but the answer doesn't appear to be as simple as toggling cleardowns.

Thanks again,
          Tom

Comment

I've got 6.0.2 on XP, it's 5/30 at 8:44am EST, and I'm still seeing the duplicate daily candles with cleardown on or off (when on, I told it to go from market close to open, I don't want to see pre market).

Is there a specific way to enable cleardown to remove the duplicate daily candles? Most of my charting is pre market during the week so this is a constant (but random) issue for me.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X