Importing symbol lists from Q5 to Q6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing symbol lists from Q5 to Q6

I don't know if this has been discussed.
    I thought I had read something on it awhile ago.
    I couldn't find it in the threads.

Is there away to import my symbol lists from q5 to q6?

Thanks in advance

Hey s0lar,

It is my experience that stock symbols transfer just fine when you open the workspace/quotesheet in QC6. That is great but that is about it.

Options symbols, futures symbols, index symbols do not automatically convert. I am not sure about other instruments like currencies but I could probably guess.

In addition, any lines and notes you have in charts for symbols that are not the same between 5 and 6 will not show up in QCharts 6.

Not much help I know, but this is my experience.

Tom

Comment

s0lar -
      Tom gave you great advice.

I would add to that another idea for you. Make a copy of your QC5.1 Workspace to carry over to 6.0. Once it is used in 6.0, you will not want to take it back to 5.1 (might be disappointed with the results).

Additionally, note that for indices, you will need to use "$" ahead of the symbol. For example: INDU becomes $INDU; COMPX becmes $COMPQ (yes, note change to Q); INX also changes to $SPX.

fyi,
      Carol

Comment

On the other hand, if you have completely different 6.0 and 5.1 workspaces, and you just want the quotesheet syms from 5.1...

When running 5.1 and it's workspace, R-click quotesheet and Export the syms from 5.1
        Then when running 6.0, R-click the quotesheet in 6.0 workspace and Import what was Exported from 5.1.

For the most part the syms will be converted if necessary. Ya know, like Carol mentioned the INDU in 5.1 export will show up in 6.0 quotesheet on Import as $INDU. Do 6.0 Export of the syms if you wish.

LAM

Comment

doesn't work

I'm either missunderstanding or?
          I'm unable to transfer Canadian symbols?

Comment

The Canadian stuff isn't automatically translated. Gonna have to enter manually, or massage 5.1 .SYM file with an editor or whatnot.

TSE:NA
            CDNX:PIK

NA-TC (note: TSE exchange)
            PIK-VC (note: Venture exchange)

LAM

Comment

Working...
            X