Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "many" mean re: Return of QC5 fields Not in QC6

Jay,

I am posting this message separately from the 6.0.2 Feedback thread because I am very concerned about data fields and breadthalyzer statistics in 5.1 that are no longer in the current release of 6. I understand that the reason is due to the data base conversion from the old QCharts data base to the E-signal data base.

My concern is over your use of the word "many" in your status update post of 5-13-2008. Can you please tell us exactly which fields and statistics will be returning to QCharts 6 and which ones will not? For the quote sheet data fields, I did a comparison of the menu choices available between 5 and 6 and found that 51 (or 52 if Avg. Vol is different from 65-Day Avg. Vol) fields from QCharts 5.1 are not in QCharts 6.0. Many of these are fields that I use on a daily basis and would be hard pressed to do without.

Thanks.

Hello Dan,

Thanks posting that great question. Before I answer that, I want to clarify that QCharts 6.0.2 does have Breadthalizer data in it, albeit it is sourced from the Continuum servers. Please note that there is a symbol change here. You'll need to add a -QC to the end of the symbols to see the data, or just use the symbol lists in the Quote Sheet -> Import -> Symbols menu.

Now for your questions on what is making it into 6.1, because this project is still in development, it is difficult to say for certain which will make the initial release and which (if any) will not. We are attempting to get every field and breadth symbol over.

The first batch of fields have already been coded in many layers of the network. They include fields such Block Trades, Volume@Bid, Volume@Ask; essentially the fields that are needed for the calculation of the Breadthalizer symbols. Once the fields have been completely coded downstream and passed through our QA team, we'll be able to point QCharts 6 to them.

The Breadthalizers are going through a similar process. Development has been progressing nicely thus far on them, but additional work is needed before they begin updating in the eSignal network. Because these are being developed as symbols in the eSignal network, once the work is completed, they will simply become available to those using the eSignal network.

As we get closer to the 6.1 beta, we'll have additional details to release. Thanks again for checking in on this important subject.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thanks for answering my question. I am willing to wait for all the data fields and breadthalyzer stats to make it over to QC6 if we still have access to the data on QC5 until the final cutover. I was glad to hear you are working on the block trade data. I use this every day as well as the MoneyFlow and QTRIN fields. You also mentioned that the bid/ask data is under development. I use the Vol, TickVol and Val fields for bid/ask. Other data fields I find important are the ones dealing with float and the Market Guide data, especially the Market Guide fields for insider ownership and short interest.

I know the development team is working hard on the upgrade and data conversion. I appreciate your efforts to keep all the features and data in QC5 that everyone relys on while improving the data feed quality in QC6.

-Dan

Comment

Thanks, Jay, for the update on quote sheet fields.

Are we option traders going to be able to have them as well in our option quote sheets? 65-day average, Vol@ask, Vol@Bid, VolA/VolB, Day Value, a working Tick Volume?

I know that the options data require much more load on the servers and the requirements of accessing that data base has a potential for needing much more exposure to the market data, but we need them too. All of these fields are available in 5.1 but are highly throttled. The difference in 5.1's ability to get this data is in the fact that the non-option quote sheet fields usually catch up to full load before midnight Eastern, whereas the option data does not always do that in all fields. Some fields, yes, but not all. Why this happens--I don't know, but it would be wonderful if 6.x had all this option data available in real time. I'd actually be dancing in the streets in need of a straightjacket.

'Tail.

Comment

6.0.2 problems

I used to get Level II quotes in 5.1, but I don't get them in 6.0.2. Today, many of my Daily charts repeat yesterday's candle so I have two candles exactly the same. I'm having Virual Memory problems, even though my system has much more than the Power User requirements. Frequently, charts don't paint. Yesterday, the 233 wouldn't paint most of the day. Makes it hard to trade, folks! Last night, the 233, 55, and 34 wouldn't paint, then it started painting them but not the Daily and Weekly.

Plus the $SCP hasn't been showing up properly for days. Looks like it had a stock split, of course it didn't, so what is wrong with it?

It's very upsetting when you're trying to trade and you can get reliable info during the market day.

I exit the program, wait, then get back in. Sometimes, it fixes the problem, and sometimes it doesn't.

Happens even when no other programs are loaded. Will these issues ever get resolved?
          Karen McMahan

Comment

Working...
          X