Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing that uses a web browser window works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing that uses a web browser window works?

Hello. I'm a new user and nothing in QCharts that uses the Qcharts browser seems to work. It will bring up some general Lycos search page, or if I click tools/Qcharts Feature Explorer it will bring up a page not found on quote.com

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Is there any support for this product? Nothing that uses a browser works and I can't get it working. I assumed this forum was "support" but nobody is bothering to answer....

Comment

It sounds like you might be running an older version of the software.

From the download page you can download an updated version of the 5.1 (continuum feed) or 6.0 (esignal feed) software which should direct you away from any Lycos links.

Comment

Thank you. I was able to get it working so thought I would post what I did in case someone else has an issue.

I'm running on Vista and I went to the properties of the qcharts folder, and from the security tab I granted full access to all of the files for each of the user type groups.

It seems that Vista would not allow the existing older *urls.inf files to be updated. Even uninstall/reinstall did not work. Trial and error lead me to this..

Comment

Thank you for your post.

I think for this problem, running the program in
          XP SP2 mode and selecting to run the program as an admin may also correct this type of problem.

One note, be sure to know the location of the workspaces you created before doing so (the default location is the Workspaces folder in the QCharts folder). Switching modes may initally have the program not recognize workspaces that you created. To correct for this you can choose to open your workspace with the QCharts.exe program (located in the QCharts directory), which will reassociate the workspaces files with the program.

Comment

I did try that per the recommendation on the site, but it did not work. I just installed the beta version and had the same problem. I set it to run in XP SP2 mode and it still would not pull up the correct sites. Once I granted access to the folder as described, it worked.

I have admin rights so not really sure why this works..

Comment

Working...
            X