• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcgg
    Jay,

This did not work for me either.
    Hey jcgg,

I'm getting the syms OK now. Both Jay and lugz were kind enough to send me their file, the one Jay mentioned in his procedure.

Try this...
    The file is in the attached .ZIP
    Download and unzip and stick it in any and all 6.0.X installs you may have. Into the SigText subdirectory.

You will probably have to start/exit/restart a couple or so times for it to take hold.

Please feedback if you're OK now.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Larry,

As always thank you. The symbols are appearing just fine.

Comment

Ironically, now that I'm on "vacation" and trying to use my laptop, this problem has surfaced. I've replaced the wrexgcod file, checked the permissions on it, etc... closed and restarted at least a dozen times and rebooted once as well. No go.

Both 6.0.2. and latest 6.0.3 have the same symptoms... but I swear 6.0.3 was working fine until I re-installed 6.0.2 into a separate directory.

lugz

Comment

Hey lugz,

That .ZIP of the file a few posts back is Version 1.7 of the file. Make sure that's the file in the SigText folder in any and ALL copies of QCharts 6.X and eSignal and any other apps that use the data manager winros.exe. Recheck your new 6.0.2. It probably has version 1.5 or 1.6 of wrexgcod.

This is easier than manually trying to keep the winros.ini in the Windoz folder synched with a path that has 1.7. Don't ask...<grin>

LAM

Originally posted by lugnutz
          Ironically, now that I'm on "vacation" and trying to use my laptop, this problem has surfaced. I've replaced the wrexgcod file, checked the permissions on it, etc... closed and restarted at least a dozen times and rebooted once as well. No go.

Both 6.0.2. and latest 6.0.3 have the same symptoms... but I swear 6.0.3 was working fine until I re-installed 6.0.2 into a separate directory.

lugz

Comment

Working now... I verified that both 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 had the right wrexgcod file... but I had forgotten to apply sonicbum's user permission fix for the new 6.0.2 install. DOH! Once I did that, GLD, FXI etc started working again.

(sonicbum's vista fix)

Thanks LAM!

lugz

Comment

Working...
            X