Crack spread symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack spread symbol

Do we have the symbols for the gas crack spread future contacts here?

Hey rainbgone,

See if this thread is helpful...
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=23635

LAM

Comment

Thank you Larry, as usual...this is useful to a certain extend.

Looks like I have to use both versions of Qcharts to get all the charts I need. I has become a necessity unfortunately...

The new 6.0.2 version gives me problems in my VISTA win computer.

For example, it does not recognize the symbol GLD, no matter how I write it: NYSE:GLD or ARCX:GLD, nothing..

The 5.1.0.22 version in Vista opens GLD with NYSE: GLD and in XP it opens GLD with the ARCX:GLD

I unistalled 6.0.2 and re installed, no improvement. Do you have any idea why?

The ticker symbol look up in 6.0.2 opens an "insider Info" page that says nothing about symbols... You have to go to old version to look for something, if you are lucky to find it!

Am I the only one with such problems?

Thanks again for your dedication here and prompt replies.

Comment

rain be gone,

Regarding the ticker symbol page you're getting...
        With my XP Pro SP3 I get the correct page when clickin' it from 6.0.2 Help.
        Have you done the Vista compat thingy?
        KB article... http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...icle=3742&p=25
        Without that some files are blocked from download, like the current set of URL's for this and that.

Else here's the URL of the eSignal symbol search engine for QCharts 6.0.X that you should get when doing what you were doing yet getting all that good Insider stuff.
        http://new.quote.com/search.action
        And then there is the eSignal canned symbol directory...
        http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2739&p=1

Yep, symbol search can be an adventure. <grin>

Regarding GLD and ARCX.....
        R-click and SaveTargetAs the file located HERE
        and put/replace it in any and ALL copies you may have of QCharts 6.0.X inside the subfolder SigText.
        See if that will get the ARCX syms working for you in 6.0.X.
        The same sym, like GLD, will be NYSE in 5.1, yet ARCX in 6.0.X.
        Go figure.
        I'll skip the migraine inducing details on the why behind the above download.

LAM

Comment

Thank you Larry, I did the thingy with XP compatibility and the problem is fixed with the symbol look up.

The GLD ARCX problem I don't know what to do with it. I unzipped the wrexgcod.tab, then I opened the SIG Text and there is the wrexgcod.tab in it.

I dragged it out, but now I don't know how to replace it with the new one .

Please let me know how to do it!!

Comment

The file doesn't need to be unzipped.
            It's the replacement file itself, the replacement for the one that was already in your SigText folder. It's a newer version.
            Regretfully, 6.0.X doesn't automatically update this type of file.

Do the R-click>SaveTargetAs on the link and in the Save Dialog that should appear, use that to navigate to your QCharts/Sigtext folder. Pay attention to the Save In box up top for where you are, and use the pulldown at the SaveIn box to navigate. And when you have arrived at the proper QCharts/Sigtext folder... click the save button at the bottom of the dialog. Then you can copy/paste that new file into any other QCharts 6.0.X installs you may have on your computer(s).

If these words don't communicate 'nuff, lemme know and I'll screenshot it all.

LAM

Comment

I don't know how I did it Larry but I fixed it, ARCX:GLD... showed up.

I'ts a miracle, lol
              Last edited by rainbgone; 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

LAM

Comment

LOL... I should be doing this...I guess you are happy you don't have to do the screenshot!

Seriously,thanks for being out there...

Comment

You're most welcome.

Merry Christmas,

LAM

Comment

Working...
                    X