Great difficulty in logging into QCharts 6.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great difficulty in logging into QCharts 6.0.2

For the past two weeks I have had great difficulty in logging into QCharts 6.0.2 in the morning. 40 minutes on, and I am still at "Synchronising Continuous Files". If I press "Continue, though not all files are updated", I will get a blank workspace, with no charting facilities whatsoever. I cannot open my default workspace either, because the "Open Workspace" function in File is blocked.

If it has finally got through, then many of my charts are blank or missing a large part of data. And it continues like that for HOURS.

I have tried to restart both QCharts and my computer numerous times, and it is still the same.

However, I have no problem at all later in the afternoon, e.g. after 3:00pm EST. But, by that time, most of the trading day has gone.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what the problem is? As you probably have guessed, I am EXTREMELY frustrated at the moment.

If it is any help, I am in the UK.
    Last edited by yuio789; 08-25-2008, 07:08 AM.

Do you ever try loading the 5.xx version? Just curious if you have any connection issues with the legacy version as that might point to an internet/connectivity issue.

You might want to contact us directly so we can see your connection history.

Also, you could try the beta although that's a bit of a shot as I'm not sure you're describing a s/w related issue.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=27528

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

No, I have not tried the 5 version, although I do not think there is any problem with my Internet connection, as I can surf the Internet with no problem. Also, like I said before, there is no problem at all later in the afternoon, e.g. after 3:00pm. It is only in the morning that is problematic.

How may I contact you directly? By calling customer services of QCharts or eSignal???
      Last edited by yuio789; 08-25-2008, 08:57 AM.

Comment

The synchronizing files message relates to connecting to the continuum servers, which are the only ones used in the 5.x version of QCharts, and goes through port 23100. So diifficulty connecting to 5.x could indicate a problem connecting through that port or internet problems going to the location those servers are housed.

Perhaps if the problem you are having relates to accessing those servers and you don't need to access features like the hot lists you could try pressing F2 at the login window and unchecking the box to Enable both feeds in the same session.

To contact QCharts Technical Support:
        http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...qc_contact.asp

Comment

Hi,
          Two things come to mind.

1- I ***always*** log in with the bottom radio button selected which is basically "Start with Blank Workspace" - that let's QCharts get the files sync'd before you put the load of the workspace on it. I have seen this work in the past to get the "stuck" sync files box cleared up. Once the sync files box goes away on its own, then you can open up your workspace. This issue is particularly prevelant amongst the "tire builder" students.

2- You can try re-loading the defaults. Here's how (V6 ONLY):
          On the login (where you enter your username and password) screen, press F2, and then press the "Load Defaults" button.

Do either one of those help?

Comment

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I have used the F2 function, and tried logging into a blank workspace first. Now I get to the workplace quickly, but, 10 minutes on, and I still get empty charts.

Comment

Hi,
              Can you try emptying the contents of the TEMP folder inside of the QCharts installation folder?
              - Log out of QCharts.
              - Navigate to C:\Program Files\QCharts\TEMP
              - select the contents of that folder and delete.

Then log back into QCharts.

Does it behave better now?

Comment

Thanks for the tip. There was nothing in the TEMP folder, but I emptied it anyway.

I seem to have found a way to work around the problem. When I log into QCharts in the morning, I log into a blank workspace, leave it there for around 7 to 8 minutes, and then switch to my default workspace. It has worked for these past several days. Fingers crossed it is going to continue to work.

And thank you all for so much help.

Comment

Working...
                X