No data for INDU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No data for INDU

There are no data for INDU this morning on any of the daily or smaller charts. When I try to get info from web site it tells me the support page is "under construction." Anyone know what's up?

Confirmed and escalated.

There is an outage for this symbol ($INDU) coming from the data provider for continuum.

In the meantime, please use the symbol $DJI which provides the same data.

Comment

Todd,

DJI works to replace INDU in 5.1.

However, in 6.0.3 - $INDU is currently painting charts, up-to-the minute. $DJI provides nothing.

fyi,
      Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

Correct

The outage is with continuum, which also uses $DJI for $INDU.

6.x uses eSignal as it's data provider and was not affected, and still uses $INDU.

Comment

Engineering was able to restore data for QCharts 5.x for $INDU

You would need to close the application and relaunch it to receive the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddI
            Engineering was able to restore data for QCharts 5.x for $INDU

You would need to close the application and relaunch it to receive the updates.
            Actually, they just replaced INDU with DJI. There was no restore of data.

CompSyms2.inf dated 08/26/2008 1:05 pm contains

INDU ; INDEX:INDU ; DOW JONES INDUSTRAL AVERAGE ; INDEXJI ; INDEXJI

This is rather annoying as I had several lines associated with the INDU chart. Now I'll have to make another entry to get back the original INDU.

When will INDEX:INDU *really* be restored?
            Eric Boehm

Comment

You are correct.

Apparently some redundant indicies (multiple symbols providing the same data) were permanently removed from the feed that goes to the continuum servers that QCharts 5.x uses to prevent potential symbol conflicts in the feed.

As a result our engineering staff mapped those symbols ($INDU, $TRAN, $COMP, $UTIL to be fed by $DJI, $DJT, $DJC and $DJU respectively).

As there is no longer a feed for the previous $INDU going to the continuum servers, that symbol is now being mapped to $DJI.

Comment

Working...
              X