Livecharts compared to Qcharts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livecharts compared to Qcharts

Can anyone tell me if Livecharts is similar to Qcharts as I am tired of software problems and a web based service like Livecharts is supposedly less problematic. Or is there another service that just gives great managable charts as that's all I want.

Hi bc,

I have not used LiveCharts, but as with trading in general, it comes down to a personal preference. One gets used to working with certain applications and sites and changing is sometimes difficult. That said, one has to gauge the frustrations of QCharts versus the pain of having to switch and only you can really decide. I do not know what indicators/studies they offer and I don't know what kind of customization they allow. For the price and the 30 day trial, you have little to lose in trying it.

My broker has a nice real-time charting package that is a good backup charting option for me. It is more cumbersome to use but it is very fast and has almost all of the indicators/studies I use on a daily basis. Best part is that it is free (or whatever part of my commission pays for it).

As frustrating as QCharts is, I really, really like the software (preferences, flexibility, etc) and I have faith that eSignal will get it right one day soon. As they say, it is darkest before the dawn (or is it darkest before the storm?) Best of luck and if you find a charting service that works for you, go for it! I will stick here for the time being unless the pain gets worse than it is (or I find one I like better). Right now on 6.0.2, I can do most of what I need daily and nightly (except option chains and intraday options charting and historical charting on intraday charts.)

Keep us informed on what you find out.

All the best,
    Tom

Comment

Hi,
      LiveCharts is like QCharts younger brother.
      You can see a side-by-side comparison here:
      LiveCharts vs QCharts Look at this matrix VERY carefully - there are some key differences. They are not intended to serve the same audience of traders.

Bottom line - LiveCharts is $19.95/mo plus your exchange fees and is meant for folks that don't need the features and sophistication of QCharts or eSignal.

So it depends on what you are looking for. You'll loose some pretty key features (in my opinion) in downsizing to LiveCharts, but it may be a fit, if you don't need all of the features of QC. If you are one of Gary's students, you can't do the class techniques in LiveCharts, you gotta have QCharts.

But if you're looking for a less-expensive and less fully featured alternative that still gets live, streaming data, then it may be worth a look to you.

Hope that's helpful in your decision making process.

Comment

Working...
      X