QCharts Plus raising prices $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts Plus raising prices $10

You guys are raising your prices $10/month for QCharts Plus while still having so many quality/service issues? Wow.

I tried a few of the betas, but gave up. Still running 6.0.2 as it appears to be the best 6.x version, but I restart it probably a dozen times a day. Not good, fellas.

lugz

Lugnutz,

You are correct; the announcement you are referring to can also be found here. As mentioned in the announcement, there are a number of costs that have risen in the last 5 years since the last price increase. In addition, the value of the dollar has shrunk by about 20% and inflation has risen by about 12% based on the CPI.

That being said, we're also planning a number of improvements outlined in that announcement. In addition, QCharts 6.0.3 should be out by the time the price increase takes effect.

Further to that point, it's possible to carry over the lower subscription rate for another year by pre-paying your account (includes an additional 10% discount.)

I can completely understand your perspective about the price increase. I hope the above better describes our business reasons for making this decision.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Originals

Hi Jay,

I think that most people understand that the price of things has gone up.

What I did not see in your response is any justification for raising the price while at the same time lowering your service.

Version 5 was much faster than 6.0.2 and provided as far back as available intraday chart data. I have used the latest beta of 6.0.3 during off market hours. I have to admit that for a fast machine it is as fast if not faster than version 5. Impressive!

But... option chains do not seem to be working and most importantly it still cuts off intraday charts at 6 months, making research a problem.

You must understand our frustration. We have gone a year with a crappy version of the software and the new version heralded as the one that fixes most of the problems, still does not bring the functionality up to par with version 5.

I understand that you have to raise prices to pay for all the developers and testers you had to hire in order to fix the mess 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 created; however, a price increase combined with lowered functionality is not a smart model for business and definitely not the way to reward customers that have endured a year of sub-par software and poor project planing from eSignal.

aitos

Comment

Working...
      X