How do I get qcharts 6.02 to pull data back further than april

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get qcharts 6.02 to pull data back further than april

I need to look at 55min charts back through last year. How do I get qcharts to pull that far back? I am only seeing back to April...

Install 5.1.0.22
    All the historical data is on the network that v5 pulls from.

It is being ported over so it will be available on v6, but that process isn't complete yet.

So to get historical data you need to install 5.1.0.22. You can get it at the bottom of the page here:
    http://www.qcharts.com/download/default.asp

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the info bill. Hmm wonder if this is the same "Bill"

I also thought I would share my experience on this with customer support for EVERYONE to see.

Seems that instead of accepting that they just didn't plan this out well they would rather argue with a CUSTOMER.

=============================
      Bill - eSignal to me

Hi Brian,

There are simply too many technical details to cover on this topic in an email. It is NOT a simple solution and there is no way to just "switch" between the networks. It was not poor planning at all - it is quite a complex issue at the network level and at the software coding level.

When the conversion is complete and QCharts version 6.1 is released, it will be a very strong product with a very deep historical data depth. Until then, you can run both versions on your existing QCharts user account, and you can even run them at the same time of you want to. Just use version 5.1.0.22 for the historical research. Some folks even use if for all of their activities - research and trading.

Thanks for your feedback.
      Thanks,
      Bill B
      eSignal Support (Contractor)

--- Original Message ---
      Received: 9/21/08 3:06:29 PM EDT
      To: "Bill - eSignal" <[email protected]>
      Subject: Re: Can't see intraday data before april 2008

What I think would have been a better option was having qcharts v6.0 have the ability to use the old as well as the new data servers. That DOES seem trivial. I realize combining all the data is hard, but those of us that are new and just starting see the fact that I have to use the older product just because whoever designed and wrote the v6.0 qcharts didn't have the forethought to allow it to use the older data servers as poor planning. Regardless of the differences in teh servers, the qcharts SHOULD have been designed to handle either.

I realize there is nothing that can really be done about it now, I just hope that in the future, BETTER decisions are made in regards to the qcharts product..

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Bill - eSignal <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Brian,

I realize it may seem trivial and simple, but in reality the fact is that this is quite a large technical undertaking. Quote.com (QCharts) had data all the way back to 1997. It's a HUGE amount of data. And it's mission critical - it HAS to be right so people can do accurate research.

Plus - the data fields between Continuum and the eSignal network don't match 100% - provisions have to be made on the eSignal side to allow the new fields to come in.

The conversion between the networks is going well and is in testing now. We hope to have it complete by the end of this year. When it is complete, it will be available in v6.1.

Please let us know if there are any other questions we can answer.
      Thanks,
      Bill B
      eSignal Support (Contractor)

--- Original Message ---
      Received: 9/19/08 7:21:12 AM EDT
      To: Bill - eSignal <[email protected]>
      Subject: Re: Can't see intraday data before april 2008

This is stupid in my opinion. Why can't v6 pull from the other
      network? Someone should have planned better..

Bill - eSignal wrote:
      >
      > Hi Brian,
      >
      > The historic data you seek is on the Continuum network right now. To
      > access it, you will need to download and install 5.1.0.22. You can do
      > so for free here:
      >
      > http://www.qcharts.com/download/default.asp
      >
      >
      >
      > The historic data that v5 has is being copied over to the v6 network,
      > but that process is not complete yet. So for now, historic data
      > research more than about 6 months ago needs to be done on version 5.
      >
      >
      >
      > Please let us know if you need more help with this.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bill B
      > eSignal Support (Contractor)
      >
      >
      >
      > --- Original Message ---
      > From: me
      > Received: 9/18/08 10:08:56 PM EDT
      > To: [email protected]
      > Subject: Can't see intraday data before april 2008
      >
      > What do I need to do to be able to see indra-day data before the april
      > 2008 timeframe? I have tried changing servers with ctrl-alt-n but it
      > doesn't seem to help.
      >
      >
      > qcharts 6.0.2
      > thanks!
      >
      Last edited by dknc; 09-21-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd categorize that as "arguing" but the bottom line is that we needed to import the data over to the eSignal network and that has taken longer than expected, due to a myriad of issues. We have actually begun to test with a select group of helpful customers and as long as testing continues to go well, we will release the extra data to QC users this year.

Meanwhile, users on 5.xx have continued to have access to that extended intraday history. We certainly won't cut that access off until 6.xx works as anticipated.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X