Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else having option chain problems in 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else having option chain problems in 6?

I am getting tired of listening to the commercials about eSignal and AdvancedGet repeating over and over while on hold with tech support.

Can anyone out there tell me if they are unable to get option montage or option chains with version 6.

I saw a post for Aug. that said the problem was close to being resolved. Was that problem fixed, is this a new problem, any idea on when it will be fixed?

I don't recall ever having seen an options chain or montage in any version 6.x.x I just checked ver 6.0.2 and there is no option chain (as expected).

I am confident that the team can get this corrected because they have corrected the display of option information in quote sheets. I keep a quotesheet filled with index options and prior to a month or two ago, I had to restart QCharts 6 to 10 times before the bid/ask/title/last, etc would appear in this quotesheet. In the last month or so, these data are populated EVERY TIME and I don't have to restart QCharts anymore to get these to appear! (I hope I am not jinxing this)

I do see improvement albeit incremental. I am very much looking forward to the Gold version that Jay has been referring to... It should be really good! I have high hopes and I am pretty tired of hoping.

All the best,
    Tom

Comment

We have seemingly found the cause of blank or partially filled option chains. There was a situation that the Data Manager on the server side could get into that could cause this problem to occur, and it was exacerbated by the way QCharts generates option chains (compared to eSignal's method.)

This server-side fix is bundled in with other server features and is being tested by our QA department at this time. Once they clear that version for deployment it will take a few weeks to roll out to all servers.

We are continuing to test QCharts 6.0.3 internally, and we are hoping to have a solid release candidate before the end of the month.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have been hesitant to switch to 6 since my last trials were horrible. This 6.0.3 seems to be a lot better and I am actually liking it.

I could have sworn I was grabbing option chain/montage two weeks ago off 6.03 but either I was lucky that day or I was just mistaken.

I can't wait to see the gold version, and I really can't wait to see full intraday data.

Comment

Options

Jay,

The latest beta still has a spotty option problem. A lot of options come in when requested, but others do not. When switching servers, different servers will respond and others don't, and it changes daily. The Montage will bring in leaps only while portfolios will bring in current month. And some securities do not come in at all. 5.1's options do not "catch up" until much later in the evening after market close. Is there a target date for when we can depend on options being displayed consistantly in the beta?

'Tail.

Comment

I also continue to have issues with the option chains each day. I have logged out and back in 3 times this AM alone and STILL can't get an option chain for POT. This is very frustrating and time consuming. Please advise when we can expect this, along with the intraday chart issues to be corrected. At least on 5.1 we were able to pull up options and have ID charts that work. Who cares if the option chain is "live" if we can't get any data? Or if the ID charts are faster if the indicators don't paint or the data is unreliable? Please let us know WHEN we can expect a product that worked as well as 5.1 before you guys started your "improvements".

Brenda C

Comment

I have personally seen problems with the latest 6.0.3 beta and options. It all seems to be random depending on the server you hit. Sometimes I can get option prices (option chain, option montage) on certain ones and sometimes not. It really is sporadic. I have, as of yesterday, switched back to 6.0.2 and the option problem "seems " to have gone away. So even though they are saying it is a server side problem, it seems amplified with 6.0.3...

So short answer, if you want to move to 6.x then go to 6.0.2 and leave 6.0.3 alone if you need options support...

Just my $0.02

Comment

dknc,

Thank you for your suggestion.

6.0.2 still has that problem with the "Is Open" data. An option will not show a "Y" unless a new tick comes through after loading a new set of options, therefore, if you're in a hurry, you really can't tell if an option actually opened or not. The latest beta is very accurate in that regard. I just have to make sure I'm on a server that can fulfill the request as much as possible. In comparing 6.02, 6.03 and 5.1 running concurrently, 6.03 is really the best choice if you get the right server.

'Tail.

Comment

Working...
                X