Same Workspace file for both v5 and v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Workspace file for both v5 and v6

Is it be possible to add symbolic links to the v5 continuum servers or to use a local file that would allow you to convert v6 symbols to the v5 continuum symbols?

When my v6 is running slow, or messes up, or I just want to use v5 for old time sakes it would be great to be able to open up v5 and load that same workspace without having to change anything or loosing any of my lines and comments.

Would this be like the INDU and DJI symbols in v5? When I use INDU, or DJI in v5 I get the same exact chart, and it says the ticker is INDU even if I type in DJI. Could this easily be implimented in the same way? For example, when v5 asks the continuum server for the v6 symbol "GI7 A0" the continuum server will link that request to the v5 symbol of "GI7Y" and reply back with the data just like the DJI returns INDU data.

If this were available I think more people would be more comfortable using v6 and wouldn't be so upset when v6 wasn't working or they find something down the road they don't like. Right now its frustrating to get your workspace setup for v6 and then have something happen that makes you go back to v5 only to find all your indicies need to be changed, and all your lines and comments are gone for the changed indicies.

Anyways, just a thought. I haven't used a poll yet so I will stick on in here just for fun.

-Matt
    Strongly Disagree
    0.00%
    Disagree
    0.00%
    Whatever, I am just here for the chips
    50.00%
    Agree
    0.00%
    Strongly Agree
    50.00%
    Last edited by jmhuff-2; 10-12-2008, 03:16 PM.
Working...
X