Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is "Intl Tick" red this AM?

6.0.2 on 2 different computers ...

makes me nervous when QCharts starts showing "new" behavior for no apparent reason.

lugz

Re: why is "Intl Tick" red this AM?

Originally posted by lugnutz
    6.0.2 on 2 different computers ...

makes me nervous when QCharts starts showing "new" behavior for no apparent reason.

lugz

Confirming, I saw the same behavior this morning on 6.0.3.1366. The first time, I could get NO charts or Quote Sheets to paint anything. So, I logged out/in.

Now, it's doing it again, however, I'm getting charts. Go figure.

EDIT: Update: at abouit 10:15am, the Intl Tick has now gone Green - have not seen a difference in performance. FYI.

Carol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckelly; 10-13-2008, 07:17 AM.

Comment

You're seeing the same thing... everything*seems* to be working, but the light is red. Proximity to Halloween maybe? Cleaning lady trip over an extension cord in the server room? Gremlins?

lugz

Comment

lugz, Carol
        As I understand it a red Intl Tick box means that you are not connected to one of the servers that provide international equity data.
        Unless you are specifically requesting an international equity symbol it should not make a difference in receiving data for US symbols
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          lugz, Carol
          As I understand it a red Intl Tick box means that you are not connected to one of the servers that provide international equity data.
          Unless you are specifically requesting an international equity symbol it should not make a difference in receiving data for US symbols
          Alex
          Alex,
          I guess the key phrase there is "should not" - as one time with the IntlTick red, I could not see charts/quote sheets of anything - and I do not trade International equities.

Perhaps this connects to another bug?

Carol

Comment

There was an issue with a server that supplies international data this morning that seemed to affect connections with the domestic tick servers and history servers. Engineering is investigating what caused those problems with that server (which has been taken offline).

Comment

Working...
            X