Synthetic Symbols Issues QCharts 6.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic Symbols Issues QCharts 6.0.2

Basic arithmetic operations do not work or work inconsistently.

INDEX:$NDX / INDEX:$SPX ... Does NOT work
    CME:NQ Z8 - INDEX:$NDX ... Does NOT work
    INDEX:$NDX - CME:NQ Z8 ... Does NOT work

CME:ES Z8 / AMEX:SPY Works, but correct ratio on 5 min, wrong ratio on 1 min interval,
    (AMEX:SPY * 10) - CME:ES Z8 Same
    IBM + DELL Works
    IBM / DELL Works
    CME:ES Z8 / CME:NQ Z8 Works
    CME:ES Z8 - CME:NQ Z8 Works

QQQQ / SPY ... Does NOT work

Everything works fine on QCharts 5 with no problems.

I was wondering if you could post some examples of the ones that are not working.

Here is what I'm showing for some of those symbols like
    $ndx / $spx and
    qqqq / spy as well as
    es z8 / spy on a 5 min vs 1 min.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think I may see the problem (at least for the symbols that don't load).

Initially I had entered the symbols on a quote sheet prior to testing them on a chart and they worked. I tried reloading the application without that quote sheet.

It may be an issue where for non standard symbols (like those used in a mathmatical expression) are used, the program has trouble identifying the pathway to grab the data.

I noticed that if I did not have a quote sheet with the various symbols already on it and tried a ratio that had other symbols, I had trouble loading the chart. But when I entered those symbols to the quote sheet, the charts loaded.

I did not seem to have this same problem when trying it on the 6.0.3 beta though. That version didn't seem to need to pre-qualify the component symbols.
      Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 10-13-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Indeed, having the symbols on quote sheets helps load some of the combinations.
        Now, sometimes the chart is loaded, but it displays wrong answers. For example, let's simulate the cash-futures spread (these charts are totally wrong):
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X