Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay: Any Update Is Appreciated...

Jay,

Is there any update on the GOLD version of QCharts? Will it work better than 6.0.2 (ie, fewer crashes and freezeups, fewer bugs, memory leakages)? Will it have intraday stock history > 120 days? Will it display intraday charts of options price history at all? Will it include features of QC5 that have been repeatedly requested by so many of your patient, faithful and devoted QCharts customers? Do you have a list of features that are NOT going to be implemented in this GOLD version? If not, please consider publishing such a list. Being proactive with users might help retain them as customers.

More importantly, will there ever be a "production" version of QCharts? I have no patience left for beta versions because each new "release" seems to get worse and worse; fixing one thing seems to break things that were not previously defective. (Not to mention that my blood pressure does not need more elevation! ;-) I have no visibility of your "quality processes" so testing a beta version against subjective or absent criteria is meaningless IMHO unless your process includes "throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks."

Please provide an update on the status, features, bugs, and timeline for the release as you know it. The last I heard, we were supposed to see the 6.0.3 release right about, um, now. Is 6.0.3 the GOLD version you have mentioned in previous posts? I understand that timelines and system development issues are subject to change; that is certainly acceptable, but users MUST be kept informed if you want to keep them. There are many folks here who are helping you find bugs and problems and who are not on eSignal's payroll... It is most unfair for them to keep posting their testing results with no feedback. (And yes, I see the four posts in the beta forum you have made since June... more beta releases is not the issue.)

My questions are not rhetorical and my requests are not provided lightly. I would appreciate answers and explanations to the 8 questions and 2 requests above. I appreciate the improvement in the data feed; I rarely have to reboot QCharts just to see options quotes on a quotesheet anymore. The feed seems robust and functional (at least for anything besides QCharts software.)

Lastly, am I the only QCharts user who feels this way? I really don't feel as I am the only QCharts user twisting in the wind, but I understand the futility others may feel having repeatedly made these points known. Constructive responses are appreciated.

Tom

You are by no means alone. There are MANY of us who feel the same.

Comment

Tom,

I suspect most users agree with you 100%, but speaking for myself (and possibly others,) I've largely moved beyond aggravation to the point of indifference.

lugz

Comment

I am beyond frustrated. I have a quad core 3-GHz pc and I am unable to run the chopped up feature un-rich QCharts 6 during the day, version 5 is slower and seems like its slowly being dismantled but at least its stable with more features then the **NEW AND IMPROVED** v6.

I would also like to see updates and the status of all the bugs, features, timelines, etc. Since I have been using qcharts they have been talking about the great new v6 golden release. Is this going to be another "Duke Nukem"?

** For those who don't know, Duke Nukem was a popular pc game back in 1996. The next PC version was hyped up and anticipated by many, its release date was set for 1997. For a while every few months or years the game creator would say they are fixing the bugs or changing something but it would be released soon. The project is still "under development" and the release date has been changed to "when its done". Its been over 10years and their last update was a teaser trailer in Dec 2007. Some people believe they will still release it, but most have given up, and few will forget being strung along by a software company with false hopes for several years. Is this the next Duke Nukem?

Comment

I am new to qcharts so was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt (and since I am a software tester in RL), but I have to say this is a horrible product so far. And I don't care if it is the servers or the software or whatever, it is all the "qcharts product" that I am paying > $150/month for.

Starting to look at other options as this is not giving me the QUALITY I want.

And as far as make sure I am reporting this and that, I am tired of beta testing your "production" 6.0.2 product and trying out the 6.0.3 betas and seeing no improvement from my point of view.

I am sure there are others out there with the same view.

Comment

I think most users are frustrated but have quit voicing their frustration.

To be honest, I am not sure anyone from eSignal really cares. QCharts offers a unique set of features that are hard to find at another product; until something new comes along, users will be held hostage. How else would you explain for a product charging $150 per month with no form of after hours support? Intraday data disappears at random, charts occasionally load with single bars, option chains show up only if the user is really lucky….. the bugs are to many to even try to list them all. If a user has any problem in the evening and tries to contact live chat support he is told that they do not support the QChart product.

I am amazed at the nerve to increase the price…. certainly though, the $10 will help with fixing most issues and provide the golden release!!
            I suspect price/cost analysis was done and it was determined that fixing the product the right way would be too costly and was decided to patch it up instead.
            As a software developer in real life, I would be embarrassed to answer these types of posts. There is no excuse!!

Enough with the venting and back to indifference….. it is a lot easier using QCharts this way :-)

Comment

You can certainly add my name to the list of frustrated QCharts users, who is getting increasingly annoyed.

I can handle the idea that upgrading QCharts to the eSignal network is difficult and problematic, IF I believe that progress is being made and we are not being taken for granted. Tom, your comments and questions when you started this thread are relevant here, and the fact that no response has been forthcoming is probably quite telling.

Personally speaking, the real kicker is that QCharts has gone from around $100/month pre-eSignal, then to $125/month post-eSignal, and now with another 8% to $135/month. Think about it - I am getting a product which is less robust, with fewer features, for 35% more money! And to think that we appear to be their beta testers, I privately imagined a DISCOUNT would be in order; certainly not a price hike.

This is just a repeat of what you said last month, Aitos and Lugnutz, in response to the price increase announcement, which is to say I agreed completely with your posts - http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...836#post118836

I'm at the point now where I hope that another company sees the opportunity eSignal has created, to give us a choice for a comparable product. I for one would not hesitate to jump ship.

JMK

Comment

On the comment of there are no other alternatives. Depends on your needs. I am evaluating other "trade" charting software for my needs right now.

Comment

I am sure they know that there is little competition out there for what they provide. Hopefully they will stop taking features away from version 5 until they have a solid version 6 to go to.

I think they should give everyone who has posted on the boards a free month or two of service.
                  Last edited by jmhuff-2; 10-23-2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X