Well Jay,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Jay,

are you guys willing to admit yet that you have no choice but to get rid of the trash?

Which trash? superfluous bids and asks which are computer generated and have no connection with what humans do. The garbage rate is now up to 20:1 vs best bids and best asks. It's killin' ya.

At the current exponential rate of growth within 1 year you will have no choice but to get with my program. You do recall that program, don't you? No?

Oh well...

Hi There,

Thanks for your post.

Our QA team have recently identified an issue associated with out of range bid/ask data for single sided transactions.
    I have applied a fix to your account, which should resolve this issue at midnight Pacific Standard time today.

Please advise should you continue to experience any difficulties after the above mentioned time.

Kind Regards,

Comment

No Shaheed,

That's not what I'm talking about. What i'm talking about is the spurious items in what I call "atomic actions" that span one line of the T&S window. Each line has a field with a BATE designation, "bid", "ask", "best bid", "best ask", trade. None of the items on the line containing the field with the instance termed "bid", "ask", are human generated. They're just artifacts of the ECN interconnected network. They represent ghosts rather than valid order entries away. None of them can be "touched" through, say a computer terminal allowing specific B/A away selected access. So they have no consequence to the market dynamic, but they do clutter up that dynamic.

What my programs do in real time is remove the garbage and process the useful data which is represented fully by the instnaces in the BATE field termed, "best bid", best ask", "trade". All the pertinent data is fully held in that deleted stream.

I'm suggesting that eSignal clean the garbage ECN chatter data from its feed before redistribution. On my box that means about a 30 millisecond delay. No one can operate within that time frame due to its brevity so it has no consequence to anyone working with the data stream in real time. No consequence to the fastest trader.

What does it do for eSignal? Relieves this ever growing data burden that's making a mess of the program, say, Qc 6.0.x, and causing you guys continual server farm break downs. The ratio of pseudo data to good data is approaching 20:1. At the current rate of growth in several years all efforts to manage the raw feed will be defeated. The only option is to pre-clean the stream. After all, you have to remove the spurious typos and other mistakes from it anyway, so why not get rid of white noise where there is no information in it, and neither is there any information in its complement.

Comment

Update.

Thank you, Shaheed!

Comment

Actually, after further evaluation, the only apparent change wasn't a cleaning up of "bids" and "asks", instead, the server merely changes the garbage of ghost atomic actions into nominal "best bids" and "best asks". This is a worse situation.

The problem here seems to be that no one understands what I'm talking about. They're trying to please me rather than solve a problem that besieges the entire system. So instead of solving the bigger problem, they manage to displease me.

I'll complain in email.

Comment

I have forwarded your comments to our product management team.

Comment

Working...
            X